Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Now that he's back, I'm on the "don't really care about Guardians if no-Gamora" train

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is like when JJ Abrams went from directing Star Trek to Star Wars, but without the controversy.

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

James Gunn is back to direct 3 after he finishes suicide squad 2 so prolly a 2022 release date for guardians 3 or really really late 2021 like Christmas time If he shoots them back to back cuz suicide Squad 2 is August so a December release date could possibly happen depending on when he wraps ss2

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. tvck

Trusted

Doubtful. Suicide Squad 2 is due out in 2021.

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

We’ll then 2022 I didn’t know ss2 was 2021 thought it was next year

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Is SS2 confirmed for 2021? I saw that it starts production in September, and if so I could see a late 2020 release, so maybe a late 2021 release for GotG3 depending on how much time Gunn wants in between projects

7. tvck

Trusted

Current release date is August 6, 2021.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh whoops yea I just saw that now, man it starts production September 2019 to be released nearly 2 years later? That's some shit man

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

I don’t get how a movie that will be done by the start of 2020 or March at the latest needs a full year and a half or so to edit and cut and whatever. it’s crazy and makes no sense. Even cgi work dose not need that much time anymore so idk why there would be such a huge delay. hopefully they move it up or he quits so gotg3 can hit a 2020/2021 release date

10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

There is going to be a character that is a shark king or something so that might have something to do with it

11. tvck

Trusted

post production/scheduling for reshoots/filming reshoots takes awhile I would assume.

GrantCloud, beachdude, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  12. Dodger

Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 also had/have a very long post production

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Looking at Aquaman at least, filming wrapped up in October 2017 and then it technically first came out November 2018, this would be a decent bit longer than that if say production wraps up by like, February 2020 or so? I guess throwing the holidays in there ends up adding some time but still, that's quite a bit.

14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

We live in that alternate universe apparently.

Greg, Raku, Davjs and 1 other person like this.
  15. tvck

Trusted

Also have to consider Marvel's timeline as well.

Raku likes this.
  16. Dodger

I wonder if this means Gunn’s going to put Hamill in the movie like he wanted to before the firing. That’d be fun

Raku likes this.
  17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Well, I did not see this coming. I am very happy that he is back, but this is such a weird time to do it with him starting SS2. I hope Disney had to pay him an UNGODLY sum of money to get him back.

awakeohsleeper and Raku like this.
  18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I doubt it. It's probably safe to say Gunn really wanted to come back. They may have had to pay DC some money to get him back, not sure how that works out.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Good news. Excited for GOTG3 now.

Raku likes this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As did Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It was filmed in the summer of ‘17. I think Warner Bros just give their production crews extra time to be safe.

Raku and Dodger like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As long as filming Guardians 3 doesn’t get in the way of his schedule with DC, they might not have had to do anything other than sign him back to Marvel. If DC plans on a potential third Suicide Squad film it will be 3 years after the 2021 release which gives Gunn time for other projects in late 2021 and 2022.

22. Dodger

Which is awesome. The production cycles for movies have been crazy fast. After watching the Director and The Jedi documentary Im all for longer production windows. Its fucking crazy how much goes into these blockbusters. Give the creators room to breathe and create the best art they can

justin. likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Why Bother?, PauLo, Joe and 2 others like this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Honestly never expected this to happen in a million years. Super happy about it though

According to some of the articles it's actually already been done for like a month or two now and it's just being announced?

SteveLikesMusic and Raku like this.
  25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like the delay in announcing was because they had to negotiate a contract that would let him do SS 2

RyanPm40 likes this.