Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Raku and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Zach_In_RI

I think a show with these two will be fine as long as they keep to the rumored 6 episode limit.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If this show is legit happening do you think this could be the nail in the coffin for GOTG 3?

6. Tim

I dunno. I'd lean towards probably not, since there's a Loki series & he's probably staying dead. Rocket & Groot were a duo pre-GOTG, & the Guardians are a pretty tight knit group now, so this (if real) is probably set in the recent past.

Though, it'd certainly be a good way to keep the characters relevant while taking their time w/ the next film.

justin. and Raku like this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd be into that

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Surprised Nova hasn’t been a thing at this point

10. Tim

With films like GOTG & Captain Marvel, it makes sense that Nova hasn't been a priority. But, five years from now, I could see him getting a movie.

Hopefully they find a way to work both Richard Rider and Sam Alexander into their future plans.

Raku likes this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

My hope is that the focus point is Sam and they just have Rich Rider fulfill a Stark-ish mentor role. I would love a movie dedicated to just Rider but Sam has been the focused on Nova for quite some time in the comics. Plus it gives them another young teenage hero and increases diversity.

12. Tim

In all fairness, neither Nova has had their own book recently. I think Richard is joining the Guardians comic as a main character, so with Sam still hanging with the Champions, they've kinda got equal focus at the moment.

But, yeah, Latinx representation in the MCU sucks, so Sam would be a strong addition to this world.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. PauLo

43% Burnt

Poor Chris. He said something funny and the reporter didn’t even react :crylaugh:

15. Tim

I don't doubt that there will be a Guardians 3, but I'll be surprised if it's any sooner than 2022. Got Black Widow, Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, probably Spider-Man 3... At least we'll have James Gunn's Suicide Squad in a couple years.

Raku, Serh and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

beachdude, Raku, BornToRun and 8 others like this.
  17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Goooood.

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's a bummer because I think Taika would be the best man for the job at this point, but that's a totally respectable reason behind him not wanting to. Good for him.

beachdude, BornToRun and Davjs like this.
  19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I hope more directors decline in solidarity with Gunn.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Michael Bay’s gonna direct it, right?

GrantCloud and Davjs like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would rather Taika do something that hasn’t already been tackled with critical acclaim. There will be too much pressure to stay within the guidelines of fan expectations.

beachdude, Raku and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I want Taika to do more original movies, so thank god. Also yeah, Guardians is Gunn's movie and I don't really care to see another director finish off that trilogy.

beachdude, Raku, Why Bother? and 2 others like this.
  23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Respect to Taika, dude gets it

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

25. Davjs

Trusted

That thumbnail has it all, including the MTV logo with the subtitle of "it's off the chain".

beachdude, Raku and I Am Mick like this.