Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Is there an ethical difference between paying him for his script and paying him to direct?

I mean, honestly?

This whole thing, regardless of whether or not you think he should have been fired, is a giant clusterfuck by Disney.

Raku, RyanPm40 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think there is a difference. They are still using something that is his work. I don’t even think the higher-ups at Disney think he should have been fired but it would make them look like they made an irrational and quick response to firing him if they were to rehire him. They screwed up when firing him but being how large of a company they are it was and has to be a permanent move for them to save face.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Ooooboy

Raku likes this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Feige is punching his chair

Raku likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

CA734512-9F0C-470E-808E-4F57FBE69FA2.jpeg

From Reddit

Kingjohn_654, Raku and coleslawed like this.
  7. GBlades

Trusted

Personally, i don't see them continuing the Guardians 3 production whilst its up in the air. No way were they anticipating this with Gunn so they will halt until it's suitably resolve or a replacement given then resume. I could be completely wrong, I hope i'm not, but Marvel have overgone creative decisions before (See: Edgar Wright) but I get that this is a dramatically different ball-game and could just backfire entirely.

Just my two-cents.

Raku likes this.
  8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I guess Dave is just speculating, anyway.

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, we have no idea yet how Avengers 4 ends, but I can't picture a scenario where they bring in the Guardians cast to remake their part in that behemoth's resolution.

Like, the most they could do is drop whatever overt Guardians 3 setup they might've considered having.

10. GBlades

Trusted

Wasn't Avengers 4 finished and completed? If we see A4 Guardians-Only reshoots then yeah, take down your GOGT posters and expect a funnier Eternals movie. Or X-Men will be our next big team up.

Raku likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The last bit of reshoots is currently happening but I’m pretty sure the Russos have said that most of the editing took place this summer. The Eternals will probably be released before X-Men due to Eternals seeming to be something that’s already been planned. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 2022 before we get an X-Men film.

Raku likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sean says his brother's script is going to be used.

Raku likes this.
  13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Raku likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to say so many things

Raku and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

well, he has proven success making movies about an ensemble of flawed superheroes with dark pasts.

I hope it’s good. I hope DC just lets him do whatever he wants.

Raku, Wharf Rat and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

If there was a way to get me potentially excited for a sequel to the train wreck that was Suicide Squad, it was probably this.

Raku likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It's going to be a reboot

Raku likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Production has been pushed back to 2021 and the working title is “hot Christmas”

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Dumb

Raku likes this.
  20. Tim

I wouldn't mind them just abandoning a third film and coming at the cosmic angle from a different direction, still bringing these established characters in as supporting characters. They're already working on Eternals, which currently excites me more than Guardians w/out Gunn.

Still, if they want to use the established Guardians brand to launch Adam Warlock or whatever else, that feels like good timing. 2021 production sounds like 2022 release, which is 3 years after Avengers 4 and 5 after Guardians 2. Enough time to breathe and develop a new plan without losing all relevance.

Plus, if they wait that long, maybe they'll have enough time to organically incorporate something from the Fox rights? Maybe not Galactus, but at least Annihilus or the Imperial Guard.

Raku likes this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

If they are going to introduce Adam, a solo movie would be cool.

Raku likes this.
  22. Tim

I think Adam Warlock could easily carry his own film, maybe with some other established cosmic characters in background roles. But, I'd also understand if they decided to go the Guardians 3 route with introducing him, so that the brand recognition could get more eyeballs on it. They've proven they don't need to, but it wouldn't necessarily hurt.

Raku and xapplexpiex like this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Raku, I Am Mick and Wharf Rat like this.
  24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

fuckin ..twisted as hell. you don't know how fucked up my mind gets

Raku, Marx&Recreation and I Am Mick like this.
  25. Raku and Marx&Recreation like this.