Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The link is to comicbookmovie.com
    Where I get all of my source for comic book films.

Edit: my mistake if the Breitbart comments are from a post that was under mine and then deleted. I didn’t see the post and therefor assumed people were talking about the article I posted.

Raku and ChaseTx like this.
  2. It was a deleted post. You’re good!

justin. and Raku like this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Because it was “discovered” by known shithead Ian Cheong, so the right wing will freak out.

Serh and Raku like this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Comparing Gunn to Singer is a bit of a stretch.

Raku likes this.
  6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It's a hell of a lot more than a bit of a stretch.

Raku likes this.
  7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s some shitty history digging by alt-right dorks done in bad faith because Gunn talked shit on Trump. It doesn’t excuse it, but this deserves context.

Raku, FTank, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

One has rape accusations from multiple boys and the other had a party with a bad theme.

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I know, I'm saying it's so much further than a stretch to compare the two, my bad if I wasn't clear.

Zilla, Raku and zigbigwig like this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

sleepy henry has reading problems

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Well, it is what it’s going to be then.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Lame

Raku likes this.
  15. GBlades

Trusted

With some of the accusations that are being thrown around I can see why Disney didn't want to risk having Gunn back. From their standpoint it's a good move since parties and other things were brought up. It's just fans that are happy with GOTG that are destroyed by it but I guess I can see it from both places.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

With GOTG3 supposedly introducing new characters and kickstarting the cosmic side of the MCU that was going to be the centerfold of the franchise post-phase 3, I have no doubt this is hurting Marvel’s long-term plans and the characters/arcs they were going to introduce in this film will have to be forced into other films or entire characters/arcs that will have a ripple effect in future films will have to be erased.

Raku likes this.
  18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Good. Fuck ‘em

Raku and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

And the numerous people who will be laid off/have the next few months to a year with a postponed job due to this stuff, amiright? Stick one to the man!

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m not the one who bought in with some nazi scumbag and made a rash decision that affected a multi million dollar franchise and fucked over peoples jobs.

Raku likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Neither were the creative directors at Marvel Studios and they are the ones my post was about. The higher-ups at Disney are not the ones that plan the future Marvel films and how they overlap.

Raku likes this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, no one is right in this situation.

Raku likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

No one is but both of my posts were about the group of people that are getting unrightfully screwed over (this includes people that work at Marvel Studios and try to map out the next decade of films) so I feel like the "fuck 'em" comment was unnecessary.

24. GBlades

Trusted

It'll be postponed due to them working out what the hell is going on. There are numerous people that could take over and "save" this but I agree that it'll have such an effect on everything and everyone.

But let's be civil about this and not resort to name calling and slanderous comments. That's not the support we need in here.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel sorry for the poor soul that becomes director. If the film isn’t the greatest comic book movie then fans will pull out the pitchforks. In order to keep the feel of the other two films the director is going to have to replicate instead of doing their full vision as well.

At this point I wouldn’t mind if a) the Guardians go separate ways (Rocket and Groot leave with Thor, Drax maybe dies to be with his family, Nebula stays on Earth or starts her own thing, Star-Lord and Gamora reunite and do their own thing with Mantis tagging along) and they appear in separate films or b) the full Guardians team appear in another movie (The Eternals?).