Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. I'll admit this, that's one thing I did not love. I don't get Marvel's obsession with excessive comedy.

Guardians may be an exception though, I think Gunn's vision is more comedic than anything.

Kingjohn_654 and circasurviver like this.
  2. circasurviver

Trusted

That whole Taser face scene was probably the worst offense. I did laugh a lot during the movie though, the Mary Poppins part had me rolling

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I personally loved this film's unique blend of character-driven storytelling, massive spectacle, and lowbrow humor. There are very few moments that the constant shoehorned jokes stuck out to me. Maybe it's just 'cause I myself love being heartfelt and having dumb fun within the same breath without missing a beat. I get that it's not for everyone, but I love embracing lame humor without losing emotional sincerity.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The scene with Groot running back and forth bringing them the wrong thing when they're in the cell was straight out of a cheesy kid's movie

Raku and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

It reminded me of the Mask, when Stanley is in jail and his dog comes to save him. He tells the dog Milo to get the keys. Milo grabs a slice of cheese from the sleeping guard's sandwich. Stanley has to clarify "not the cheese, the keys!" I love that scene!

Raku and jkauf like this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I thought the baby Groot scenes were an appropriate amount of cute and funny without taking away from the movie

7. I want a Baby Groot show.

angrycandy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  8. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Agreed. I too have sentiment for the less sophisticated commoner's sense of humor from time to time. While, like you, I am a being who has largely evolved past the desire for such peasantry, I too found comfort now and then in embracing it for the duration of this motion picture.

Raku and Tim like this.
  9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm really torn on this post 'cause, on the one hand, it seems to misunderstand my post and mock a condescension that isn't there, but on the other hand, it made me laugh.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. red8ge

Regular

you gotta be fucking kidding me

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

13. Davjs

Trusted

Is that all there is to the story? They couldn't wait for more to come out about it before posting anything?

Like was it something he did, him making jokes, or what?

14. I mean ... it's bad. The tweets are horrendously bad.

Also, he's a fucking idiot.

15. drewinseries

Drew

I haven't seen he was fired anywhere else though, maybe more sources will start coming through with that? That article posted is pretty empty.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Did they link to them? I couldn't find them on the Deadline link.

17. Type "James Gunn" into the Twitter search. I'm not linking them here, it's gross af.

18. It's real.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Thanks....but due to your reaction I kinda don't even want to look anymore and will probably just take your word for it.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

He made a statement about it last night

21. drewinseries

Drew

22. The tweets were absolutely fucking disgusting.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

people tweet some crazy ass shit. not sure how i feel about this trend of people trying to uncover old tweets though. Like I just went through my tweets and 90% of them I'm scratching my head wondering what the hell i was doing/thinking at the time.

24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve been following him on social media for a while and he’s always spoken out about stuff like MeToo and LGBT rights. This is really disappointing to hear...

25. It takes like ... less than a minute to run a search. I don't really understand how "looking at text someone publicly posted on a place for public text" is a trend to worry about.