Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grizzly Bear - Painted Ruins (August 18, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by elphshelf, Jan 24, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

Definitely go back and listen to Shields. I think it's the easiest to get into.

2. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Big big big fan.
    Shields was so good. This sounds like it might actually be better. Holy hell

3. radiodead

Trusted

Yea start with Shields. Definitely their most accessible and imo their best.

4. Collins

Trusted

Yeah I love the new song. Can't wait for the new record. I like the production A LOT

@Haruni Veckatimest was the first Grizzly album I listened to, so I have a connection with that record and it's the one I've spent the most time with. It's got a lot of their classic tracks on it like Ready, Able and Fine For Now, plus Two Weeks which is probably their biggest song. But I get others saying Shields might be more accessible. I'd just recommend listening to them both, can't go wrong with either one.

5. I'm a weird GB fan. I absolutely adore Shields but think Veckatimest and Yellow House are just okay. Two Weeks is classic tho

Fronnyfron likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

Three of my top five favorites on Veckamist. So I'd probably have to pick that as a favorite.

7. zmtr

Trusted

Colorado might be my favorite song tbh

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i really only LOVE shields

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

shields and yellow house are about the same for me, love both

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

damn this song is good

zmtr likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

If I had to choose between all the great new albums that came out today...

id pick Three Rings lol

Jim and sophos34 like this.
  12. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Always thought Shields was pretty forgettable outside of 3-4 really good songs. They did the same stuff better on Yellow House and Veckatimest was them at peak pop.

Wish they released a few more redone Horn of Plenty songs, that album is hard to listen to but all the reworks were fuckin sick

zmtr likes this.
  13. Collins

Trusted

The stretch from Southern Point to Ready, Able (minus Dory) on Veckatimest makes up the majority of my favorite tracks from them.

I haven't spent much time with Yellow House. Knife is a classic though.

14. radiodead

Trusted

Agree with the P4K take on this track. It's a lot to unpack. I really like it but I think it's gonna take me some time to possibly love it. Sounds gorgeous though, just a ton going on.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yo what? New song? Dope.

16. zmtr

Trusted

New album "Painted Ruins" drops August 18th

angrycandy, ChiliTacos and Aaron Mook like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

tour announcement up

weird gap of dates between philly and NYC with no DC, wonder if landmark fest is going to be that weekend

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

no milwaukee OR chicago? lameeee.

21. zmtr

Trusted

St. Paul tho?

Are you going to EC again this year?

22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

st paul is a good 4 1/2 hours from me, though i'll consider it because i've never seen grizz before.

not doing ec this year, the lineup just didn't quite hook me like last year and i've got a lot of other stuff going on this summer so i had to be choosey. you're going i assume?

zmtr likes this.
  23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

sophos34, angrycandy and brandon_260 like this.
  24. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, so many good shows at Massey Hall coming up. The War on Drugs, Fleet Foxes, Japandroids, FJM with Weyes Blood. Wish the venue wasn't so expensive.

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Love the artwork too.