Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grimes Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

the original is so much better than that

Petit nain des Îles and SpyKi like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Hmm....

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

she smells like a stack of nickels

iconic

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Remember when we got a single a few months ago? That was pretty cool. Wish it’d happen again.

5. angrycandy

or like anything

irthesteve likes this.
  6. username

hey you lil piss baby

NOT A SINGLE lol just a demo. This is from an AR musical im working on (AKA NOT THE ALBUM/ NOT OFFICIAL GRIMES MUSIC//////) made the song and video yesterday so obvs majorly rough, but while im finishing my album im just gonna start casually dropping stuff as I see fit. Been doing this exercise where I try to write and produce a whole song in like ~1-2 hrs... fuck technical proficiency and whatnot

**** Also, so gna start making AR (or illustrated?) 'sub-members' within Grimes (The art angels, as it were lol). (Kinda like the Loona sub-bands X the Gorillaz?... ..psychedelic post k pop-ish fake band for my non-Grimes musical ventures) _They are the main characters from the book/ musical im working on.. (AKA im bored of being so precious abt music and also feeling boxed in by the Grimes branding and I have this whole other world that's rly fun to write for.. So I’ll save big singles and things for Grimes and casually release music more often as the AR band. ) PS… This is not her final look... but this character is named Dark

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Jeez, this is so good

8. irthesteve

it's kinda funny that the title of the video still uses "Grimes" even though it's not technically Grimes (or is it?). Either way, it's a nice little demo

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I’m way more into this than We Appreciate Power

username likes this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Folks,

11. irthesteve

Mmmmmmmmmkkkk sounds bizarre

OotyPa likes this.
  12. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Over/under on Grimes having established her own science fiction-based religion in the next 5 years?

irthesteve likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hyped

14. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Push

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

meh if it's similar to WAP then I'm not as hyped. to me that didn't sound at all like nu-metal, it sounded like the theme song to alternate universe evil powerpuff girls or something. with that said, i'm all in for a synth-based EP

16. angrycandy

I mean, she's still talking about having to finish up tracks so I don't know how excited I can be really

no date, no tracklist, just an album title and a brief description of it being nu-metal

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'm definitely more interested in whatever project "Pretty Dark" is for over this one, but she's got me interested in anything she does. I think I read her say somewhere that she's putting out another song this week, but idk if it's a leak from the "Pretty Dark" project or an official single for Miss_Anthropocene.

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

19. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

putting the lead article behind a WSJ paywall is a very weird flex but ok

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dates Elon Musk once

DaydreamNation and Carrow like this.
  21. irthesteve

username likes this.
  22. lol she said she wants to make climate change fun

23. irthesteve

the whole interview is just... bizarrre. I keep using that word about her but it's still true.

24. Tomozaurus

Regular

yeah, that was both super cringy and kinda made me uncomfortable.

25. irthesteve