Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grimes Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

[​IMG]

Claire Elise Boucher (born March 17, 1988), better known by the stage name Grimes, is a Canadian singer, songwriter, music video director, and record producer. Born and raised in Vancouver, she first became involved with the underground music scene and began recording her own experimental music while attending McGill University in Montréal.

2. SpyKi

Still listening to Art Angels a lot. Love it so much.

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

fav :heart:

SpyKi likes this.
  4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Art Angels is probably one of my most consistently listened to records of the last 6 months.

5. SpyKi

She was playing right by me tonight and I only found out after it happened. :/

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

One of my most anticipated Coachella acts this year, I saw her a few years ago after Visions, an album I honestly don't care for as a whole, and she was great. I can't imagine her show NOW after Art Angels which I LOVE, I am so excited

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I saw her summer 2014, before I was familiar. She was great, but it was the end of an exhausting day and I just didn't enjoy it the best I could. Now I'm a huge fan, so seeing her at Osheaga is probably my most anticipated show of the summer.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Might get tickets for her and Lana.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

After that mini tour in the fall, she said there was going to be a full fledged North American tour in the spring and I'm still bummed that never happened.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

it aint spring yet tho

11. yeetgod

bro grimes is so cool.

12. irthesteve

“I’m actually halfway done with another record. I’m not committing to anything, but I have a bunch of b-sides I kind of want to finish. Plus, I’ve been making a bit of new music.”

Grimes Preps More Chill, Synth-y New Music

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

give

14. SpyKi

Want. Badly.

15. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Without thinking about it too hard, Art Angels was probably my AOTY last year. What a great album, front to back. Haven't listened to it in a few months though.

Of course I still put on Oblivion pretty frequently. Seriously one of the best songs I've ever heard. Reminds me a lot of the 90s.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

17. irthesteve

So fucked

18. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Read that in her Rolling Stones interview. Yucky.

19. Grimes is playing in Salt Lake City this summer for $5. I've never listened to her, but I only hear good things.

20. irthesteve

Go go go go go

Also, listen to Art Angels and enjoy

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

So I got Art Angels on vinyl and the download website told me that "Butterfly" would not be included because of "publishing issues." Wtf?? lol

22. irthesteve

Oh whattt.

According to wiki,
    • "Butterfly" contains a sample from "Penguin Dancer" co-written by Masayoshi Takanaka and Shu Suzuki.
    so that probably has something to do with it

23. irthesteve

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Isn't she on Fallon tonight?

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious