Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grief and Loss Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by HelloThisIsDog, Mar 29, 2018.

1. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Hi all. I am 26 and a few weeks ago, I lost my mother to a terminal illness. I wanted to create this thread for others with similar experiences with the loss of loved ones to have a space to talk about what it is we're going through and how we can help one another out.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’m so sorry for your loss and can’t even imagine how you’re feeling and the emotions you’re processing.

Ken likes this.
  3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Thanks. I literally feel empty. Me and my mom were really close.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My dad moved out when I was six, so I'm very close with mine as well. I think that's why this is so unfathomable for me. So I'm definitely grieving with you in some sense.

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Im sorry you are going through the initial process, I lost my father to a heart attack from shoveling snow eleven years ago. Honestly the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, he was/is one of my best friends. I promise it does get better, I still have tough days where I think about him, but I think that won’t ever go away since he was such a positive influence on me growing up (my parents had separated because he was a drinker, but cleaned up after so he could spend time with my sister and I)

After this had happened it definitely makes you realize how important family is. I also had to include this photo because it is my favorite one I have.

Attached Files:

SaveTheEarth, Kiana and Garrett L. like this.
  6. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Hey, thanks so much. Your response really helped and means a lot. Thanks for sharing and for a positive yet realistic sentiment. It just doesn't feel real. And it snuck up on us too. She was fine, went to the hospital for shortness of breath on Jan 16th of this year, and passed on March 11th. I hate this wave that I'm riding but know that this is the way it is. Sweet picture. Here's one of my favorites of me and my mom.

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

If you need or want to talk about it feel free to message me and i can try to help, since I’ve gone through that process I am here if you need it. I’m thankful I had a small group of friends who really came together to help me and also had a therapist at the time too, I was still sad and depressed but they definitely eased it.

And honestly thank you for making this thread, it really is a good way to reach out and help others. Also for me who has gone through it reminds me of all the memories I have.