Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gretta Ray

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jul 3, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Gretta Ray (born 1998) is an Australian singer-songwriter based in Melbourne, Australia. In 2016 she was the winner of the national Triple J Unearthed radio competition for bands and songwriters, and the 2016 Vanda & Young Songwriting Competition, with her song "Drive".

On my binge of Australian musicians I discovered Gretta Ray and her song Drive is so good.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This song is so good. Get on this Chorus.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

From earlier today:

4. Atticus5143

Trusted

Didn’t see anything on here for her new album. It’s VERY good. Highly recommend.

5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

oops this isn’t the Green Day thread is it

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve only listened through twice but I was very underwhelmed. Her last grew on me a lot and it turned into an AOTY contender but this one feels like a step back. It still very much has that Gretta signature vocal style all over it but I just didn’t find it interesting at all and I thought some of the lyrics just sounded silly. Nothing made my jaw drop like Paris or Cherish. I’ll keep listening bc I thought most of it was pleasant enough but early returns weren’t very good for me.