Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Greta Van Fleet Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Jul 19, 2018.

1. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Listened to their new one over the weekend and I agree, it was really good! Also noticed some Aerosmith influence especially in the vocals and lots of Allman Brothers in the guitar work throughout. Almost like a mix of all those 70s rock sounds combined with modern hard rock like Royal Blood.

beachdude likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Carrow likes this.
  3. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Like, this is bad yet I keep clicking on YouTube videos of them and watch for a bit.

Maybe I'm just in awe of a cover band becoming so big idk

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to Garden's Gate all week. Its just so good. The damn guitar riffs and tones are so good I can taste them. Light My Love is such a good song.

6. matthest

Damn Garden's Gate is one hell of an album.

Also, I'm surprised at how big these guys really are.

Phantoms likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I like Gardens Gate a lot.

Phantoms likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

New album titled, Starcatcher, releases on July 21st.

New song releases tonight at midnight

Phantoms likes this.
  9. Fox83

Trusted

matthest likes this.
  10. matthest

Yeah, they're pretty derivative. But I am so glad this band exists, because they're saving rock and roll for the new generation.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think this band rules.

However, I was expecting something a little more heavy hitting form them though for a new lead single.

I still listen to Garden’s Gate quite a bit. It’s great for when I’m working on a project.

Phantoms likes this.
  12. matthest

It's a slow burner but the closing part is epic.

Phantoms likes this.
  13. matthest

Everything else aside, they're extremely talented and have an amazing live presence. The fact that they're big is an overall positive for the music scene imo

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

New song is okay. Doesn’t really get me any more or less hyped for the album.

Phantoms likes this.
  15. Phantoms

Regular

Agreed with all of the above. Was hoping for a bit more energy, but maybe they’re saving the reach banger for the second single. Still, this isn’t bad.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I like this band but I sometimes wish their songwriting would match the quality of the pull-quotes from their press releases (per Consequence of Sound):

https://consequence.net/2023/04/greta-van-fleet-starcatcher-meeting-the-master-stream/

"The band introduced the project alongside its lead single, “Meeting the Master,” which they dubbed “a dark comedy” and “exotic spiritual journey” about “an esoteric world heeded by the word of a wise teacher.” "

I mean, imagine writing that with a straight face.

Paulms85 likes this.
  17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I dig that they wanna make 70’s prog rock like this and the last album

Phantoms likes this.
  18. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

Happy Pride!!

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Listened to the new album yesterday. Pretty forgettable. Doesn’t hit like Battle at Garden’s Gate did.

Phantoms likes this.