Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Greta Van Fleet - From The Fires (November 10, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Oct 25, 2017.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

to be clear, i wish i could rip off zeppelin this directly. i would like to have a lot of money too. but we should be allowed to call it what it is.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the review rules tbh

Joe4th, ImAMetaphor, Aregala and 3 others like this.
  3. radiodead

Trusted

Honestly this band is trash. I agree with the review 100%.

Sounding like a great band doesn’t make you one. And yes I’m aware Zep has their fare share of copyright battles, they were still great even if they were awful at crediting other artists. They weren’t hacks.

Aregala, beachdude and sophos34 like this.
  4. That's the most brutal Pitchfork skewering I've read in a while, damn

beachdude and sophos34 like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, honestly I feel like that review perfectly articulates how I’ve felt about this band since I first heard them. Harsh, maybe. But it nails it on the head.

Jim likes this.
  6. atlas

Trusted

I have no problem with people enjoying the band but I think the band is bad and the Pitchfork skewering is deserved, if that makes sense

radiodead, Micah511 and beachdude like this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

8. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I don't like, hate listening to this band, they sound... good, but how anybody can excuse them for what they're doing is crazy to me. Blatant boomer pandering, and it's been described better earlier in this thread but everything about this just feels so fake. I'm not gonna get all grumpy when I hear them at a bar or something, they sound alright... but I'd prefer if they didn't exist in this capacity

Also lol @ that tweet. It's like something outta a really bad Black Mirror episode

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Really digging the recent batch of straight up rock and roll artists:
    The Blue Stones
    Highly Suspect
    Royal Tusk

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

forgot how bad this band sucks and was reminded today. damn, they really suck.

beachdude, Cody and ComedownMachine like this.
  11. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

this is my favorite band doing the whole “uncle-works-at-Universal-core” sound I think