Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gregory Alan Isakov Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by austindavispdx, May 3, 2016.

1. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Folk singer-songwriter.

"Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, and calling Colorado home, Gregory Alan Isakov has been traveling all his life. Songs that hone a masterful quality tell a story of miles and landscapes, and the search for a sense of place."

Discography
    full lengths:

- That Sea, The Gambler (2007)
    - This Empty Northern Hemisphere (2009)
    - The Weatherman (2013)

2. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Does anyone like him?? I've never seen him posted or mentioned on AP, which is interesting cause I'd say he's RIYL Damien Rice, Noah Gundersen, Iron & Wine, Leonard Cohen, etc. Soft, semi-ambient, indie folk.

The Weatherman is one of my favorite albums.

3. Barcara

Regular

I discovered this guy a couple months ago and came here to see if there was any mention! Really enjoying The Empty Northern Hemisphere lately.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  4. fastlife

Regular Supporter

His album with backing from the Colorado Symphony is always in rotation for me. Gorgeous stuff.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

My theology professor would play songs before class and one day he played a love version of Idaho. I’ve been hooked ever since.

6. @@ron

Regular

waking season likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"Too Far Away" is an incredibly beautiful song

8. hennarey_tutorials

Love his folk style. The music he creates is so atmospheric... If I Go, I'm Goin, San Luis and Idaho are probably my favorites.
    I would like to help those who are fans of him and want to play his songs on the guitar. So if you want, you can check out my youtube channel where I give free lessons on his songs!
    Here's the playlist with his tutorials.

fastlife and @@ron like this.
  9. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

As someone who is from Idaho I've always had an affinity for the song