Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Room (Jeremy Saulnier, April 15, 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Night Channels, Apr 13, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it was soooooooo close to being great/amazing. I can't totally pinpoint what held it back, and while i loved the mystery behind it all, I guess i did feel a bit in the dark about the motivations behind all the nazi characters. The over the top way they all went to try and 'cover it up' was weird to me.

Otherwise, i lovvvvvvved the tension, I loved the unpredictability of death, I loved the tone, the pacing, etc! 8/10

thedrudo likes this.
  2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

This one hooked me and left me unsettled. Looking forward to re-watching it sometime at home.

Need to watch Blue Ruin again too. Haven't watched it since its initial release.

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I loved this. I can see some people thinking the ending is a bit of a letdown, but I thought it was very solid throughout.

4. Night Channels

Trusted

They weren't covering up the murder. They were covering up what was underneath the floor.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I must have missed something or this went over my head. The characters didn't know anything about what was under the floor until they were trapped/being attacked.

6. Night Channels

Trusted

Darcy didn't want the police investigating the building. They weren't covering up the murder. They mentioned it a few times. He was covering up the drug operation.

jkauf likes this.
  7. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

sub

8. Night Channels

Trusted

You should really check out Blue Ruin

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just saw it tonight. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I was hoping he'd say The Ain't Rights was his Desert Island band but whatevs

10. Night Channels May 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2016)
    Night Channels

Trusted

In my mind, that is the answer to his question.

johnnyferris likes this.
  11. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Great little film, I saw red laces for sale in a store today and I said fuck no outloud.

12. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Going to see this tonight!

13. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

So did we think the red laces meant you were officially in the gang or that you killed someone?

14. Night Channels

Trusted

I googled it after seeing it.

skinheads get red laces when they shed blood for the movement

15. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I figured it was something like the latter. Just checking. Cool fact.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised I never knew that before

17. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Figured it was something like that. But didn't know that was a real thing.

18. johnnyferris

Now I'm going to be second guessing everyone I see wearing red shoelaces.

19. My pair of boots have red laces in them currently. Might have to swap those out now hah

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The one thing I couldn't figure out was the girl who was murdered... was she killed because she was going to run away? And was she dating Daniel (Mark Webber) who learned after she was killed by a fellow skin head that he decided to help out the band escape?

21. @Jake Gyllenhaal pretty sure yes to both. And if Worm didn't quite know she was going to leave he probably at least did it cus he knew about Daniel.

22. johnnyferris

I think it's safe to assume she was dating Daniel because they were going to run away/get out together. I'd guess that her death was related to a drug deal gone bad as that's really the only thing we see of her doing alive. If it was because she was running away the skinheads would have known a lot sooner because one did leave the green room (the guy that liked the second to last song of their set)once the band was locked in.

23. Night Channels

Trusted

On my second viewing, whenever that may be, I want to pay closer attention to what's inside the trunk of Daniel's car. They were definitely running away together, but why did he have a previous murder weapon (baseball bat) wrapped in plastic? It got me thinking that maybe they were going to leave and expose Darcy and his crew.

I'm probably just thinking way too much into everything, but I thought the bat was interesting.

24. I think they were definitely going to whistleblow, or at least use the potential for whistleblowing as maybe a safety net to keep them off their backs.

25. johnnyferris

RIP Anton Yelchin