Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 69

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

The video description -

"The Network were formed in the year 2003, fulfilling an ancient prophecy predicting that we, its chosen members, would issue a stern warning to mankind in the form of music. Released as the album titled Money Money 2020 we shined the headlights upon the follies and vanity of man kind. Rapidly achieving fame and fortune, we had often been mistaken as the planets greatest rock ‘n’ roll band Green Day. This earthly comparison is almost as comical as the humans that inhabit this dying planet!

A Time Machine & The Church of Lushotology...

After our mercurial rise and the foundation of the Church of Lushotology. We have seen riches beyond imagination, thus we abandoned the doldrums of stardom and focused our efforts on time travel and the salvation of things beyond the human grasp! Within our travels through both time and space we have seen the futures foretold in the prophecy, and it is both disastrous and hilarious! Beyond these interstellar crossroads lie parallel dimensions where the oxymorons can create their own destiny! Choose wisely, for the devolution of man has always been a choice. The release of “Money Money 2020 Part II" will serve as the final lesson! Within the binary codes of this album exist the keys to our past, present, and future DNA! The Gods are laughing & it’s up to you to prove them wrong... You're welcome...

The Network
    The Church of Lushotology is in session and it’s time to drink up!"

bd007h likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This will be better than any post-AI Green Day so cautiously optimistic

3. clockwise

This just made me cackle!

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I'm sitting here falling out of my chair, what a crazy-ass statement

clockwise likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ok it's not true but I listened to American Idiot yesterday and I'm annoyed how they fell off a cliff basically lol

6. clockwise

I guess I'm just a fan of the view on the way down ;-)

7. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, that's super exciting!!!! Neat as fuck

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's happening. Billie, Mike and Tre are all cursing the Network out saying they're not them again like they did last time lol but linking to the new Instagram account for the band

I can't fucking believe it

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is a leak but it's almost definitely real, that's pretty unmistakably Billie's voice

This song is fucking GREAT

bd007h and Nick Jagger like this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, so I know I will still listen to this even though the last Green Day album was literally dogshit. Why do I do this to myself...

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  11. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I’ve admittedly never listened to most of their side projects (pretty sure the only one I’ve heard was The Longshot, and I had mixed feelings about that album) but I actually really like this a lot.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That Longshot record is a million miles better than anything else post-American Idiot.

13. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I like 21CB better by a decent margin, but the guitars on the Longshot record are great. I just don’t love that echoey vocal production that’s been on most of BJA’s projects recently, including that one. (Maybe just because it reminds me of the trilogy, I dunno.)

Zach likes this.
  14. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

I am going to be completely honest, the only songs by The Network I really and truly enjoy fully are the ones where Billie is doing the vocals. I've just never been a big fan of Mike's voice outside of backing vocals and the occasional line in a Green Day song. I do not particularly like it when Mike or Tre take straight lead vocals on songs. Their voices and songs are less enjoyable to listen to.

AlwaysEvolving21 and irthesteve like this.
  15. irthesteve

Truth.

16. clockwise

Part of the reason why I love The Network is getting more Mike-led songs. I love Billie's voice of course, but we have SO MANY songs with Billie on lead vocals, it's fun to hear them change it up a bit.

Leftandleaving and Nick Jagger like this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love that Longshot record.

Gallhammer likes this.
  18. clockwise

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Youtube link. Holy SHIT I love this, this might be their most punk song in years

bd007h and Nick Jagger like this.
  20. irthesteve

Hahahah this song is terrible. Appreciate the song's sentiment though, and the video is great.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Not my cup of tea.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol I have a feeling that people who didn't like the first album won't have their minds changed by this one

Nick Jagger likes this.
  23. clockwise

Well I fucking love it.

Nick Jagger and Gallhammer like this.
  24. Nick Jagger

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This song is a banger. Ramones-style lyrics/melody over punky new wave.

No idea if this track listing is real.

25. irthesteve

I thought it was going to be called Money Money 2020 pt 2 or something

Nick Jagger likes this.