Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 66

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not really much to discuss unfortunately

And yeah Pulling Teeth has always been one of my favorites on Dookie. Another song I've always thought was mad underrated is Haushinka

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

Hopefully they come back with something better than Father Of All.

333 GANG likes this.
  3. razorburn

Trusted

I'd forgotten Father of All Motherfuckers existed. And now I want to forget it again.

JM95, TheJMan and pbueddi like this.
  4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I just kinda hope Billie-Joe either gives up on the whole "power-pop" thing or keeps it sequestered to his side-projects. He's fantastic at writing that kind of music when he puts his mind to it. But something about the way it comes out when he tries it with Mike and Tre just seems to flounder most of the time...

That Longshot album and all of its b-sides felt more like a Green Day album than Father Of All did.

5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I still listen to FOAM quite a bit, to no one's surprise I'm sure. But yeah, I hope whatever they do next will be different.

6. dp33

I listened to FOAM the other day (first time in a few months). I still give it 3 out of 5 stars. I wish they would have added another song or two to get it past the 30-minute mark. I guess at this stage in their career Billie is going to try for a 'very different' sound every other album or so. I think we all know he can bang out a record like Uno/Dos/Tre in his sleep. Speaking of Uno/Dos/Tre, I know there are some who would have preferred at the time consolidating the best songs from each of those albums and Green Day just releasing one truly great album. But then those other 20+ songs would have mostly stayed locked in the vault...for me, give me all the songs (I like each of those 3 albums).

clockwise likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I still genuinely really like FOAM. I also keep forgetting it came out this year because that feels like a different lifetime by now lol

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still find it very inoffensive, it exists and it's a nice little rock album, but I'll never get angry about it's existence. Easily one of their worst albums, but so what?

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s just not a good record, and it’s super corny. I tend to forget it exists, which I’m grateful for.

pbueddi likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The energy is right though! If they can apply that level of enthusiasm to better songs, then we'll be in business

333 GANG likes this.
  11. JM95

Trusted

It's the worst album I've heard this year.

333 GANG and pbueddi like this.
  12. clockwise

Alternatively, it's actually a very good record with very good songs that is one of the best albums I've heard this year.:devil:

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I still think it’s a blast. Not one of my favorite albums of the year or anything, but one I enjoy a lot when I put it on. It really does feel like that album came out in another lifetime, though.

14. [​IMG]

15. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

Nope. It is clearly a decent/good album.

clockwise likes this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

333 GANG likes this.
  17. clockwise

The one thing that you're all clearly missing is this - it's actually a very good record.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't gone back to this since around when it came out. This year has been incredibly stacked with great albums that I just haven't felt compelled to return to it.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I thought it was fun when it first came out. Then I listened to Warning and Nimrod and realized how bad the new album was.

I also listen to 21CB a lot more now. It’s aging very well.

333 GANG and pbueddi like this.
  20. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

21CB is somehow an underrated album, despite its success. I've always loved that one! The lyrics hit hard, especially now.

Also, they were at their live peak during the 21CB tour. Everyone was firing on all cylinders and they had so much energy. Everything just felt massive during that era.

21. clockwise

FOAM is better than 21CB. Sorry.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

pauljgreco, beachdude, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I refuse to believe this isn't bait

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t even think 21CB is all that great, and I still think it’s miles ahead of FOAM.

25. pbueddi

Trusted

This might be one of the worst takes I've seen on this site. Ever.

beachdude, btr, Joe4th and 4 others like this.