Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

His first to solo albums are worth you back tracking to check out, then the new one after that.

Davjs likes this.
  2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

When I was in like 4th grade an old, sweet couple in my neighborhood bought a dog. They let 10 year old stupid me name it. I named it: Dookie.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'd guess a European tour. For a second I thought there was actually gonna be another Longshot album before the Green Day one and I was shocked but they still used an old snippet

5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

If they come to the UK, would you say it's worth travelling probably to the other end of the country for and probably spending a lot of money to get there? I'm guessing it'll be fairly small venues, would love to see the Green Day guys in a place like that.

6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Are you talking about a GD tour or Longshot? Cause it’s only Billie in the latter, no?

7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Longshot. Sorry, I felt sure that at least one of the other guys was in the band. Or is it like the touring guitarist or something? Maybe I've just made that up aha.

8. chelsealouanne

Regular

You're right; Jeff Matika! Also, I'd say it's worth traveling. They do play some covers, too, so not sure if that will affect your decision. I think it's a year tomorrow when I saw the 'Shot.

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

The Riot Fest lineup is expected to be announced this week. Maybe The Longshot is on.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  10. Kuri44

11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Giving Nimrod a listen today and I'm being slapped in the face with how much I love it all over again. Jinx/Haushinka fucking rips

BlackwingE, Zilla and The Lucky Moose like this.
  12. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe it's the fact that I am gearing up for a new Green Day release, or maybe it's the few beers I had tonight, but I am just awash in the love that I have for this band. This is the band that introduced me to the concept of music essentially, the idea of the album and I... I just love them so, so much. I love Revolution Radio as well. I am so excited for the future of these guys

BlackwingE and tdlyon like this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm 23 now and have loved no band more than this one since I was 8. Actually strongly considering getting a tattoo of this older logo

[​IMG]

Davjs and Doomsday like this.
  14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

TheJMan and The Lucky Moose like this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Any chance we get an album this year? This fall will be three years since Rev Radio

16. pbueddi

Trusted

Seriously? Man time flies.

btr likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There’s a real possibility, there’s strong rumors going around that they’re been in the studio with Butch Walker. I’d say if we don’t get an announcement of any kind by the end of the summer it will be spring 2020, but I still think it could happen this year

btr likes this.
  18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I'm so hoping for an angry record from them this time. A la American Idiot. I reckon this is going to be the next important Green Day era. I hope so anyway.

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Had to double check the date because my mind was like “nah, it was only 2017”

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I definitely think they're at least going to try something different from the last few albums. Rev Rad was really great but it also felt pretty safe as a way to kind of reset their perception after the trilogy. Now is the time for them to experiment again imo

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  21. btr

Trusted Supporter

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm gonna go and say my Green Day bracket made this happen. You're welcome! ;-)

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

LET'S FUCKING GO

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Hype is real

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

What Green Day album should i listen to today?