Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Whoa

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Really hope they put that on streaming too, would love an officially released live album from that era

TheJMan and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I hope so

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

That'd be cool. A new Green Day record always makes me so happy

6. TheJMan

Trusted

Might be a stupid question but on either Green Day's or Billie's IG the other day there was a post about them doing a song for a Metallica tribute album has that been officially released yet or will be in the future?

Davjs likes this.
  7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Idk how much stock I should put into the producer because if I did that's not a good sign.

8. Davjs

Trusted

If this is true I can't wait for this, esp if they are getting huge bands like Green Day to participate. Metallica is #1

TheJMan likes this.
  9. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Nah they did a cover of Hybrid Moments by the Misfits in honor of Metallica’s (a I guess they cover it a lot) anniversary a couple of years ago.

marioeatworld, Davjs and TheJMan like this.
  10. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Hmm, walker has been a part of some pop records that I don’t like from bands that I do. Ultimately I don’t know his production style or how hands off he is enough to make a judgement. But I’m skeptical.

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Wow, Butch x Green Day would be SICK.

Craig Manning likes this.
  12. TheJMan

Trusted

Was it ever released?

That's too bad they didn't do an actual Metallica cover, that would be super interesting.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

I'd expect this to lean more toward Frank Turner's Positive Songs for Negative People or Butch's own work (particularly Stay Gold or The Spade) than toward something like Save Rock and Roll. Butch's style is pretty fluid depending on the genre the artist in question wants to go with. But a Green Day album that sounds like The Spade would be fucking great. Biggest problem with Revolution Radio is the production.

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Here for a Butch-produced Green Day record big time. Would love to see how he helps them advance their sound. RevRad was a solid return-to-form in a lot of ways, I want their next record to do some different things.

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I honestly think they have another great record in them. Revolution Radio was a big step in the right direction.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah, it is hard to see GD taking a route in which a producer adds a lot of modern pop sensibilities like SRAR (to be clear I do really like that album, just not something I see Green Day pulling off). I guess I don’t really have an issue with his tones or anything as far as I’m aware, so I’ll take your word for it haha

17. clockwise

I feel like Butch Walker is a pretty versatile producer and I trust Green Day utterly and completely with their creative choices, so I’m feeling pretty positive about this pairing. We’ll see! I feel like they’ll just drop a single on us soon with no prior warning. Ahhhh!

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Anything with Butch and GD band members is good with me

clockwise likes this.
  19. clockwise

Yeah there’s a pro shot video on YouTube!

TheJMan likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

21. Craig Manning

The "poppiest" I can see this being is something like Dashboard Confessional's Alter the Ending, which is an album Butch did. But that's not poppy so much as just a really big, anthemic rock record. They're not going to shoot for Top 40 in the way that Fall Out Boy did.

22. Did you hear what he did with The Struts?

I could see something like that working really well. (Obviously different kinda music, but the sound.)

23. Craig Manning

No, I haven't heard that one! I'll have to check it out.

24. abw123

Trusted

The Struts album is great
    His worth with Fallon and Frank Turner was good
    This is good news.

I think Green Day has one more HUGE American Idiot type album in them. I hope they do.

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I feel like bands at their age are always kind of risky re: new records, but I'm very interested in that. Would be rad if it hits this year.