Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 49

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

not my favorite, but definitely up there. has some of my favorite sum 41 songs.

ZooZooChaCha, Kuri44 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  2. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Underclass Hero is great

ZooZooChaCha and Kuri44 like this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Dookie turns 25 years old today!

popdisaster00 likes this.
  4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

No way..... crazy! 1994?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I remember going to the local pool the summer of 1994 and hearing the Dookie singles on the radio coming over the loud speaker every single day. I am shocked I can still stand When I Come Around, Longview, and Basketcase.

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I always forget that was a February album.

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I had this feeling that Green Day (Dookie) was playing the same time as Blink 182 on the radio (but Enema was 1999) and Dude Ranch was 97.

Nevermind was 91 and pearl Jams 10 was also.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. TheJMan

Trusted

Wow 25 years ago. Dookie was the first cassette tape I ever bought when I was 11. Still have it somewhere in my attic. Remember my best friend and I used to listen to it all the time. Also remember how the music videos to this album were always playing on MTV and of course remember watching their set from Woodstock on TV.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I still remember hearing Burnout (and subsequently the whole album) for the first time on my friend's shitty stereo. I bought the album that same day, in a Hot Topic knock off. This wasn't in 1994 though, must have been 2001 or something. Anyway, it's a truly great album and probably the most essential pop punk album.

beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  10. DesolateEarth

Birb

Happy birthday Dookie!

What a great album.

Turkeylegz and The Lucky Moose like this.
  11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Still sounds fantastic. Even the singles I've heard a billion times are all great

Coming Clean, Pulling Teeth, and Sassafras Roots are all faves

Joe4th and The Lucky Moose like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My dad always played Dookie in the car when I was a kid (I was born in 96 so I missed the actual release by two years lol), and by the time I was old enough to have my own interest in owning music for myself American Idiot had just come out, and became the first CD I ever bought with my own money. This band really has been part of my life for as long as I can remember

13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

The first cd I ever bought was the single they released with U2. Then American Idiot shortly after haha.

beachdude likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dookie was the first CD I ever remember borrowing from a friend in elementary school.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Another reason why Serena is the GOAT

16. ChaseTx

beachdude likes this.
  17. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

I'm thinking I'll do a run through of the discography and finally get through everything I skipped

Doomsday likes this.
  19. It is their best Green Day cover album.

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So are we expecting a new Green Day album this year? I'd say late 2019 at the earliest, but more likely 2020. I'd love to be wrong though obviously

21. DannyZach

Trusted

I hear lot of MCR covers there too

22. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I’m still waiting on an explanation of them rehearsing a few certain albums in full...

Turkeylegz likes this.
  23. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This year, I'm calling it.

24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I'm gonna say spring/summer next year

25. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I wish it didn’t take me so long to appreciate Warning. It’s my number two behind Dookie at this point.