Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Still Breathing" is my favorite, followed by "Forever Now."

I agree that the production on this record has issues, though. It sounds especially bad on my computer speakers, so I mostly just listen to it on vinyl.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Too Dumb to Die is my favorite

3. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Somewhere Now, Outlaws, Still Breathing, Forever Now are my faves. Super solid addition to their discog.

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

“Say Goodbye” reminds me of The Living End, who remain one of my very favorite bands, so gotta give that one an honorable mention.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hows it sound on vinyl? Worth getting it?

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Took me awhile, but I finally started listening to The Longshot. WHAT A FUN ALBUM! I honestly wasn't expecting to care for it haha.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Here for it. Thought Revolution Radio was pretty great. Although, there is no known universe where I'm not here for new Green Day music :crylaugh:

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Was kind of expecting a new album in 2019 and that only fuels it more. So fucking excited to see how they follow up RR. Would be really cool if they tried something different again

10. DannyZach

Trusted

New Green Day,Sum41,Blink182,New Found Glory and Mest in 2019....sounds good to me

11. pbueddi

Trusted

I know I'll get crap for this, but you can maybe add in Simple Plan too.

12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

yay i can't wait for a bunch of mediocre albums from bands that are well past their prime

Joe4th, beachdude and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. DannyZach

Trusted

I didnt know about that one!that makes it even better
    yea iam one of those old fools whos still listen to all those bands on every day rotation.And as long as all of them selling out venues and people willing to pay for their shows and albums,I don’t think they past their prime yet.No mention that their ,,mediocre” albums are still on totally different level than albums from all those newsih,,pop/punk” bands in vein of Neck Deep or whatever

14. Davjs

Trusted

hmmm, Sum 41 is still putting out great stuff though.

15. pbueddi

Trusted

Couldn't agree more. The guy above you is probably a tool.

DannyZach likes this.
  16. Sum 41 is consistently releasing great stuff. Underclass Hero was their only low point. Green Day's last album was a good turnaround, so I wouldn't call both of them "past their prime".

Never heard of Mest and am not familiar with New Found Glory so I can't tell, but I'm not sure about Blink. I'm in the "California was mostly shit and even subpar compared to Neighborhoods" camp, and don't expect much from them anymore, but they can still write a tune when they're inspired and don't fall back to tired tricks (the nanana's and formulaic songwriting with Feldmann).

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I can confirm I'm not a tool. The last blink-182 and Sum 41 albums were atrocious imo

18. Letterbomb31 Dec 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2018)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

13 Voices = awful
    California = mediocre
    Revolution Radio = okayish

19. pbueddi

Trusted

your personal opinion doesn't make them past their primes though.

Davjs likes this.
  20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Of course it's my personal opinion. I'm not sure what you're arguing here.

21. pbueddi

Trusted

but your comments weren't consistent. first you said they were all mediocre and past their primes, but then went on to say revolution radio was "okayish." Who knows, each band might put out something next that you really like. You just never know (unless you know the future or something).

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Mediocre/okayish means average. I haven't massively enjoyed any of the bands since I was 17/18.

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Then why are you in this thread?

Who goes, “oh, look! A thread about a band I don’t care about anymore! I’ll click on it and post!”

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've definitely seen you do a lot of whinging/posting negative comments on this website and ap.net lmao. I recognise your username.

I follow this thread because I still have nostalgia for their old stuff, I'd like to see them live some day for that reason alone.

25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Way to edit your post.

Don’t make this about me. This is about you dumping in a thread for no reason. Own it and move on.

pbueddi likes this.