Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I remember that same year, Linkin Park's 2nd album was huge and had like 4 songs all over the radio. Also Hoobastank's The Reason :-)

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I was a senior in high school, I had already adored Green Day for years. It was really cool for them to reblow up and had an album that all of my friends heard and would be down listening to.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I was 8 lol, first album I ever bought on my own

Still my favorite of all time

4. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

AI was the first album I ever got of my own volition. Green Day was the first band I ever really "heard", meaning the first group of people making music I actually thought about as a group. I used to steal my brother's CDs when he wasn't home to jam them, and GD was my favorite. I'm thinking back now and I was 9 and poor... my parents probably supplied me with the money. It felt like my own though, and that memory will always hold a special place in my heart

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I was a senior in high school. I remember hearing American Idiot and thinking “hey this is pretty sweet!” Plus, the music video was cool. Got the album and was blown away immediately. Listened to it all the time in my drawing class. The teacher always played the album in class too. Cool teacher.

The cover band I was in at the time played American Idiot and Holiday at our schools homecoming tailgate party and people lost their shit when we played those songs. Damn, I haven’t thought about that in a long time!

beachdude and smoke4thecaper like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i was 16 when it came out and so many of those songs bring me right back to that time

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is the time of year I listen to American Idiot and Revolution Radio.

RR grew on me a lot. For me, it’s definetly their best album since AI.

I really hope they go back into the studio with the inspiration they had with AI and 21CB though. I’d be all about another rock opera type of album with 5 part songs.

8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

It'd be great if BJ can capitalize on RevRad and Longshot's momentum for inspiration, and they tour on Dookie's 25 year as well as supporting a new (or soon-to-be-released) album. Seems like BJ hints at the possibility of a "nostalgia tour" often on IG posts of old band photos, etc.

9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I don't think we are getting a new album from Green Day for maybe another 2 years. But I definitely hope they keep it simple again.

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think we'll get a GD album next year, actually. Just based on how active they've been during their downtime.

11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Revolution Radio is a fantastic album, I would love a new GD record late this year/next year, but I am content with waiting another year or couple for their next release

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Every time there's been a new sideproject a new album has followed the next year (Network/AI, FHBT/21CBD) so maybe they'll follow the pattern and there'll be a new one next year lol

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

What’s everyone’s favorite track off Revolution Radio?

Mine is Forever Now.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Still Breathing

15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

“Forever Now” definitely takes the top spot. I also really love “Too Dumb to Die” due to how snotty and fun it is — reminds me of Nimrod.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. Mort Michaels

Forever Now or Bouncing Off the Walls. BOTW seems like what they were trying to do on Dos, but actually accomplished it.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Too Dumb To Die is definetly behind FN for me.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Still Breathing or Forever Now. Outlaws is up there too

19. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

I think one of the main reasons why I don't revisit RevRad that much is because of the opener, even though I think it's a really great song. But for some reason they decided to make the recording sound very quiet at the beginning, so I unconsciously turn up the volume, and then the song explodes and it's just way too loud to be enjoyable, and I have to turn it down again.

20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

"Youngblood" is almost always in my head.

"Still Breathing" is my fav of RR though.

21. Mort Michaels

Production on the record definitely seems to be very loud.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s my number one complaint about the album. Quiet parts are too quiet and loud parts are too loud.

marioeatworld and FTank like this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

After listening to it a few times recently during my many Green Day discography listens...

Forever Now is my fav

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

RR is a good Fall album for me.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I honestly think Forever Now is one of the best songs they've ever made. I really love Bang Bang, Say Goodbye, Outlaws and Still Breathing too