Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I always loved Insomniac.

It’s nonstop and a deep dive into rage, self destruction, and fury. It was a much needed album when I first spun it.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yes and no. I think it foreshadowed the ambition that would pop-up later... But really, all it did was showcase the fact that they wanted to be a little more interesting/do something different above and beyond standard pop-punk.

The Warning era (to me, anyway) is where you really started to see the whole "Uh hey, guys, let's try and be a massive arena-rock band." Not so much with that particular record, but with the live shows they were doing around that time.

3. cutterbutter

Tre posted Kerplunk practice set

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Greg

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

What I really want is the two-act Dookie/American Idiot 25/15-year tour. I would pay a lot of money to see that.

6. Greg

That would be great, too.

Honestly, any full album shows would be fantastic, minus the trilogy, of course.

bd007h likes this.
  7. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Dookie will always be my favorite - I was 6 when it came out and my dad had it on cassette. Remember sitting there and he had Basket Case on and it was just one of those "holy shit, I've never heard anything this awesome before!" moments.

Getting to see that start-to-finish live would be awesome.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Maybe they're gonna do what NFG did last year? Two full albums a night (though GD would probably add the hits afterwards as part of the encore)

9. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Seconded!

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Billie needs to shave and get a haircut, took me a second to recognize him

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Woah that was quick. He was just on tour and looked so cleaned up.

12. Greg

I have been slowly going through the trilogy for the first time since they came out.

Uno is okay, I guess? Really, it’s got a few tracks I sort of dig and the rest are meh, but not offensively bad (minus Kill the Dj, that’s rough).

Stand outs: Let Yourself Go and Stay the Night

Dos is not as good. I do like a couple tracks, but more forgettable tracks mostly along with the absolute worst song so far going to Night Life. What in the fuck were they thinking? I must have never gotten to it in the past. Yikes.

Stand outs: Stray Heart and Amy

Still slowly going there Tre, so far it’s all pretty bland.

beachdude and slimfenix182 like this.
  13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I'll forever be a trilogy lover. Slowly but surely you'll all come around, mark my words.

Gallhammer likes this.
  14. Greg

There’s no way. I’m satisfied finding a couple songs on each album.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

I still like Tre. Uno is fine, but kind of dull. Dos is mostly shit but has 3-4 really great songs.

16. Maddy

Regular

I really liked 'Let Yourself Go' off of Uno and a few others here and there. But 30 plus songs by Green Day put out within 3 months or so of each other at this point in their career is going to be redundant (no pun intended) unless they did some complete and total genre shifting change

17. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Nimrod has always been my favorite, personally. But everything up through American Idiot was great. They've released some pretty good stuff here and there since too. I think Still Breathing was one of their best songs in a long time.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  18. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

I thought Rev Rad was very underrated. Somewhere Now and Forever Now are two great songs!

bd007h likes this.
  19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

There have only been a few Rev Rad songs I've gone back to, but I consider those songs some of their best songs.

20. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

Rev Rad is amazing all the way through, idc.

Joe4th likes this.
  21. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Rev Rad completes the Big 3 for me- Dookie American Idiot, Revolution Radio. Perfect summation of their career, even though Warning is my favorite.

22. Craig Manning

Anyone want to feel old today?

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Dang. I was 21.

I need another glass of Ovaltine to cope.

24. Crisp X Sep 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2018)
    I was 9 and it might have been one of the first CDs I ever bought with my pocket money. Or I might have got it for christmas along with a Prince Of Persia game and Need For Speed Underground 2... I'm not sure. How is it already that old?

At the time, my parents moved in the town I've been living for the past 14 years so this album will always be tied to those painful childhood memories. The singles were played A LOT, to the point I barely remember what else was played on the radio in the meantime. Keane? The Killers? U2? The Black Eyed Peas? Maroon 5?

edit : Gwen Stefani as well!

beachdude likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

The Hot Fuss songs were big at the same time. Definitely some U2 and Keane too.