Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 43

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was wondering why The Longshot released an album, three EPs and a single basically at the same time, but now it kinda makes sense. Each project has it's own feel to it for sure, the two songs on Bullets are pretty freaking cool

clockwise likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Seeing The Longshot tomorrow night and I'm so excited. Been trying to see GD in a tiny venue for like 15 years and this is probably the closest I'll ever get

beachdude42, Kelsey and JRGComedy like this.
  3. Kelsey

Regular

Saw them tonight! Soooooo good. Gonna try and find a ticket for tomorrow

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Nimrod and Warning are still the shit.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The show was fucking insane. It was so surreal seeing him in such a tiny venue (literally looked up to him since I was like 8 years old lol) and they sounded absolutely amazing. Half of the crowd ended up on the stage by the end of the show too

So happy this finally happened

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. Was relistening to 21CB last night. Just out of curiosity, what are people’s thoughts on Billie using the n-word in American Eulogy? I didn’t really care or notice when I was younger but it’s kind of unsettling.

7. brendanmachow

not a doctor

How have I never known this? Ooooooph.

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah, it’s in the “Mass Hysteria” section

9. "Because the martyr is a compulsive liar when he said ‘it's just a bunch of _____ throwing gas into the hysteria’"

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Doesn’t stand out as much as the f word in American Idiot, but yeah it’s in there. Used as a quote, but it’s in there.

11. Yeah that’s the only reason why I’m not really that bummed about it cause he’s invalidating a racist quote but hearing it for the first time in a couple years was a shock.

12. Kuri44

I look at music as a form of art and expression, just as much as film, acting, poetry, painting etc. my personal opinion on this particular song would be that he’s telling a story in this song , he’s using it as dialogue which doesn’t favor the martyr in any way, and it’s used in a song on a album that has a message and meaning behind it, you could make the argument that he could’ve used so many other words, but I think we’d have to know his mindset, headspace at the time (which the point of people writing songs is to do as such). In Holiday, he sings “kill all the ***s that don’t agree” and that used to really make my ears prick up at 14 but it evoked a sense of angst and resentment towards to those (individuals and groups), who thought like that. And when I listen to it now I think “Man, If this song was released now, people would just troll Green Day online and try to ruin their career instead of listening to the fucking message”.

13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I’d never noticed until this discussion was had a couple years ago (in this thread, hah)

I get the context, but I still don’t like that it’s there. Sure, it’s a quote and it’s not meant to be shined in a positive way. But it doesn’t need to be said by him. It doesn’t change my opinion of the band or Billie Joe, but I wish it weren’t there.

Zac Djamoos, ryanfears and Kuri44 like this.
  14. Kuri44

I came across my sisters old copy of Dookie and it has Ernie on the back case, pretty cool!

ECV likes this.
  15. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

My favorite surface to roll weed on

Kuri44 likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Mine has Ernie too lol. Didn't realize that was somewhat rare until a few years ago actually

Kuri44 likes this.
  17. I’m looking for a big Green Day fan that’s a VERY casual blink fan. HMU if this is you. I wanna chat about an idea.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

holy shit looks like we're getting a Dookie full album anniversary tour or maybe just a Riot Fest show some people think

19. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Fingers crossed for a mid size venue anniversary tour.

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Mid-size being the key word!

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I know it's said a lot but how the fuck is Billie almost 50 years old and still looks like that

I really think a Dookie tour is a real possibility and I would be so stoked to see Green Day again next year, wasn't expecting to for a lot longer

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Mike posted Insomniac now, hmm.

I swear if Billie posts Nimrod next I will freak out. Maybe a 90's tour instead of just a Dookie one?

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

A Dookie/Insomniac/Nimrod tour would be unbelievable.

Petit nain des Îles, ECV and JM95 like this.
  24. btr

Trusted Supporter

WOW, I will eat my hat to see Insomniac played front to back.

25. Darthjojo

Holy forkin' shirtballs

I REALLY hope this is a tour and not just a one-off show.