Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Dookie is amazing you guys are tripping

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll take Insomiac over Dookie too. Dookie is definitely over the first two, the trilogy, and probably RR.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Saying there are albums better than Dookie does not make Dookie less special...

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Insomniac is the most underrated Green Day album. So many good songs on there.

Paul Beaumont and JM95 like this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Insomniac has a little more filler than I'd like but I also certainly agree that it has a handful of their best deep cuts.

Kuri44 likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I think there is an argument to be made that Dookie is the definitive pop punk album, which earns it a special place in their discography imo

Kuri44 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Revolution Radio is either my second or third favorite Green Day record at this point.

tdlyon and Joe4th like this.
  8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yes.

tdlyon likes this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Nimrod is my favorite.

Dookie is a classic and means a lot to the genre.

I never got into insomniac, but understand the love for it.

Warning grew on me over time and today I enjoy listening to it. Warning and Castaway are my alarms.

American Idiot made them relevant again.

Everything after I could care less about.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. American Idiot and Dookie are both easily among the top 200 records ever made, and I'd argue that American Idiot is the most important album of the 2000s. Their other records are great but those two are genre-defining classics.

That said, Kerplunk and Nimrod are severely underrated.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Rev Rad is edging into my Top 3 Green Day albums. Started of kinda lukewarm but it had just grown and grown on me.

FTank and inwaves like this.
  12. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

New album is hot cringe

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Nah. New album was great and a solid return to form

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I was iffy on RR at first but it really is a solid album and worthy of being included in the discography

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Using the phrase "hot cringe" is hot cringe

Owlex, Joe4th and Daniel182 like this.
  16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Good performance of their hit song on TV last night. No surprises. just solid.

17. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Yesterday was my first Green Day concert. It is unreal how good they are. I really don't think I've seen a better concert in my life.

18. The Lucky Moose Mar 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I really want to go but the only play big arenas over here and I really don't like that

19. Jose

weightless in the valley

I'm seeing them in September very excited (fuck you kenneth)

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is probably the most fanboy thing I've ever typed but they really make the hugest venues feel intimate imo

The Lucky Moose and Turkeylegz like this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Heard you were talking shit so I reactivated my account you wanna take this outside

22. Why does the American Idiot record somehow make even more sense to me at age almost-25 than it did at age 13? Returning to it for the first time in ages and ages and am genuinely floored at how well it's held up. Gotta be something more there than pure nostalgia.

23. tacobelle

On that note, I recommend everyone watch this video.

"A few years ago (2012 to be more specific), veteran mastering engineer Ted Jensen, who was responsible for the original 2004 CD version of Green Day's American Idiot, remastered that album from analog for the HDTracks music service. The remastered version features less compression than the original, meaning clearer audio, more separation, and punchier drums due to greater dynamic range. The guitar is also no longer distorted. This is the definitive version of this album, and it attests to the fact that proper, non-compressed mastering and quality mixing efforts result in better-sounding audio. The remaster was released in hi-res 24-bit 192khz."

http://www.hdtracks.com/american-idiot-133854

24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think they hit upon something that was really relevant and resonant with the storytelling. A lot of people thought it was a Bush album and that it wasn't going to age very well. I never did. I always saw it more as the millennial twist on the Springsteen story: escapism, the American dream, and crushing failure. It hit hard in 2004 and probably hits harder now.

25. The Lucky Moose

Agreed. Also, I think that as a "millennial story", it was both lyrical and musically broad enough to appeal to demographics that otherwise don't listen to a lot of rock, let alone punk. I knew a lot of kids back then that basically only listened to one rock band and that band was Green Day.