Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Two tours skipping over my region, not cool

2. zporter92

Regular

Blink started promotion pretty early too though, Green Day really only officially announced the album not even two months ago. Mark and Travis were constantly giving interviews, and were hinting at an album pretty early so it makes sense to me that they would sell more first week

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Green Day's summer tour will be just as successful

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

blink also didn't release 3 albums in six months to poor sales -- they got a new member and their 'comeback' was much-publicized. Green Day's current tour is doing well from what I hear, and they'll likely do similar numbers to blink on their arena tour.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Absolutely can't wait to see them again, my favorite artist to see live

Turkeylegz and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I've never been a huge Green Day fan - but they've hit me hard over the last few weeks

I haven't even worked my way up to Revolution Radio yet really but can't wait to dive in to it

Ended up snagging tickets to their Barclays Center show. Can't wait to see them

zporter92, tdlyon and Turkeylegz like this.
  7. zporter92

Regular

Girlfriend surprised me with tickets to the Duluth, GA show, first time seeing them or Against Me! live so I'm beyond ecstatic! The five hour drive will suck, but I can't wait

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Red Bull Sound Space At KROQ So this is going for 24 hours after it's first air. One of the play throughs is right now. Hoping someone knows how to rip it for YouTube so we can all enjoy for longer than 24 hours

9. This is really cool - they pulled a fan onstage to play guitar for When I Come Around and the kid killed it.

10. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

There's a video of them basically having fans come up and do the instrumentals to their Operation Ivy cover while Billie sang, it was so cool.

11. doubledribble

Regular

Haha that kid crushed it.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Simply fantastic.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They used to basically do that at every show in like the late 90's-early 00's

They stopped doing it a long time ago (and playing Knowledge altogether) but I always wish I could have done it lol

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Because we all know this tour is going to be the angriest we've seen them in 8 years

ChaseTx, Dirty Sanchez and FTank like this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I fucking love this band

17. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

18. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I, honestly, am proud of the band for the AMA performance. I hope it did piss people off on the other side. They seem proud to have the KKK and fascist thing going for them.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

great fucking performance

20. Wish they woulda said all of this and more ***before*** the election ... even if it woulda meant less album sales. That's when it mattered even more and it would have helped.

Letterbomb31 and Jose like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't really think it would have helped anything tbh, of course I would have loved for them to do it during the election (which they did to be fair but not nearly as much as they are now obviously), but I love the fact that they're showing that people don't have to be complacent and "give him a chance"

Contender, Turkeylegz and Joe4th like this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They were saying similar things every show on the short tour they were on. It would've been nice for them to say something on the radio/live things that they were on before too though.

23. Jason Tate Nov 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2016)
    They were tame while they sold their album. They should have taken a stronger stance publicly and used their platform then. I'm glad they are speaking out now. But we needed them 6 weeks ago when they were promoting their number one album everywhere too.

Look I'm glad they're speaking out now and the little they did before. We needed more of that and louder before from so many people. Now we're fucked.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

They were the number one album? shows how out of touch I am, I was barely aware that it was out already

25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

They have also added in Trump digs during Holiday and American Idiot. I've heard the Holiday one but not the AI one.