Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

It even teeters on growls at points, hahaha

I'd like an album like that from them if it was 2004. I don't think it's a smart move now, it'd feel like they're just trying to show everybody how young and hip they are when... they're not anymore. Also your avatar hahaha. You're good at avatars

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I wouldn't want a GD album to sound like that now, at all.

Yes, my microsoft paint skills are superb :crylaugh:

Doomsday likes this.
  3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Mats!

4. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

So rad. I was genuinely so happy for him that he got to be part of his fave band for a while, haha

5. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Dookie and Kerplunk are my two favorite Green day albums, but I don't really want them to try to recreate that again. They tried with Uno, and it mostly failed. The trilogy were fine records, but I'm ready for something new.

My hope is that they pivot back to a more ambitious sound like 21st CB, which I think would be ranked much higher on people's lists if it was cut down to 12 or 13 tracks.

Honestly not sure what to expect though, it's hard to read into the tiny hints we've gotten. I do echo the sentiment that many in here have that there's this feeling it's going to be a great record. If Green Day has one more classic in them, this will be it.

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Can we talk about Paul Westerberg or the Mats here? Or only in a Mats thread?

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I could actually picture a super Replacements-inspired Green Day album being fantastic

8. will_000

funny you should ask.

Yeah, this. I'm honestly moreso excited for the inevitable tour, I've seen them once (2009 at MSG) and it was great, but it was seven years ago.

9. Paul Beaumont

Not really expecting anything good, so I hope to be surprised.

10. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

No matter how much i don't love some of their newer stuff, i'll always have a soft spot for Green Day.

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Haven't listened to Nimrod in ages, but "Hitchin' A Ride" just came on while shuffling today. That song's still a fucking jam.

FTank likes this.
  12. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

"Haushinka" and "Uptight" are awesome Nimrod cuts. That album is still my fave.

13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. TheFeels

Regular

This song was amazing when it was an Insomniac Bside, but they ruined it when they changed it and put it on Nimrod

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Sounds pretty much the same, minus the strings.

16. TheFeels

Regular

Nah, lower key, much faster, shorter, deeper richer vocals... i mean the song itself is pretty much the same, but this one ruuuuuules.

Jose likes this.
  17. Jose

weightless in the valley

Green Day is my favorite fucking band and no matter what I'll support everything they put out. I definitely feel like this album is going to be killer, though. I've been predicting Green Day in the studio with a fall release in 2016 since late 2014 with @Iago

marioeatworld, Iago and FTank like this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've probably heard Good Riddance without exaggeration over 500 times and it never fails to get to me a little bit. Such a beautiful song

19. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I just want to throw it out there that 1039>Kerplunk. Kerplunk is probably on the bottom of my Green Day albums rankings but 1039 is near the top.

Jose likes this.
  20. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

I can never decide whether I like Kerplunk or Dookie more, but they are both in my top 5 Green Day albums. 1039, on the other hand is my least favorite along with Dos and Uno.

21. Paul Beaumont

I have the Brain Stew single, the disk is shaped like a brain, it's great!

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Kerplunk is amazing, especially for a band so young. I've never been able to get into 39/Smooth that much though it does have some fantastic songs like Dry Ice and Disappearing Boy

23. TheFeels

Regular

39/Smooth to Nimrod is all perfect. Including all Bsides. Warning and American Idiot are both half terrible and half amazing, and everything after that is dogshit besides 5 songs total in the 4 albums they've made since.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Warning and American Idiot are their two best albums so we have vastly different opinions

ChaseTx and Jose like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Also this sure looks promising

Dirty Sanchez likes this.