Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day with Against Me! Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Talas

I thought it was strange they didn't acknowledge Insomniac at all. I was at least expecting Brainstew. I also found it strange they didn't play Welcome To Paradise. I understand that songs will get cut here and there to try and "freshen up" the Setlist. I glad they went deep with Christie Road and threw in some songs they don't normally play like Waiting and Burnout.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've seen them twice already and this coming time will be my third, and I've still never heard Welcome to Paradise live

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

This.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This tour will be my 10th time seeing them live, and I can say that I don't ever need to see "Brain Stew" live again. Hah. Sometimes they throw in "Geek Stink Breath," but on the whole that record gets ignored...

Would be nice if they tossed in Walking Contradiction, Stuck With Me, Armatage Shanks, or Walking Contradiction.

pauljgreco likes this.
  5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Anyone know what Against Me!'s set is?

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Setlist looks great, excited for the Raleigh show. Never seen them live before, and I'd definitely be okay with those songs. Two encores is weird though.

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I will be so jazzed if Letterbomb, Waiting, and Burnout stick around. To me they're just playing some of the wrong songs off Revolution Radio. Don't really care to see Youngblood or Ordinary World.

They're coming to Denver twice, four months apart, April and August, so I have to assume they will make some changes for the summer leg... both times they came here on 21CB the shows had quite the variety.

8. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

most recent Against Me set:

Pints of Guinness Make You Strong
    Rebecca
    Unconditional Love
    Haunting, Haunted, Haunts
    Delicate, Petite & Other Things I'll Never Be
    Boyfriend
    Crash
    True Trans Soul Rebel
    I Was a Teenage Anarchist
    Black Me Out

9. devenstonow

Noobie

Wow.

10. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm not surprised to see Against Me! focusing heavily on newer material as an opener. Here's a headlining set from a few days ago. A bit more balanced for sure.

Against Me! Setlist at Mohawk, Austin

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's a huge tour for Against Me, it makes sense to be heavier on new songs to appeal to newer fans that haven't listened before

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm stoked on that because I haven't gotten to see new songs yet and love the record.

Still don't know if I'm going to this yet, unless I find around face value or not crazy prices pit tickets for Pittsburgh

13. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

That Austin show was ridiculously good, if you have a chance to catch one of their headline nights I can't recommend it enough though you'll probably be hurting for a few days like I am because the crowd, as always at an Against Me! show, was insanity.

Saw them the next night in Dallas too and while definitely not as crazed as the Austin show I still loved seeing them play to an audience that doesn't know them and how they react to their performance, seeing the show for free was just a bonus.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow, thought they would at least play the big songs off New Wave

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's the only thing I'm surprised about is not a single New Wave song

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just came back from the DC show and holy fuck they're still just absolutely incredible. This was the third time I saw them and it honestly might have been the best yet. The setlist is just absolutely an absolutely perfect Green Day setlist (except I still don't like opening with Know Your Enemy, especially when Bang Bang would be such an excellent opener), the new stuff sounds amazing live (especially Still Breathing and Forever Now, which is an incredible closer to the main set before the encore), and I also got to hear a few old songs that I've never heard them play live before that I've always wanted to ( Waiting and Scattered!).

You would never be able to tell Billie Joe is 45, he's still just an amazing frontman. Truly don't believe there is any better live band that you can see.

17. AgainstMe182

So did they just completely disavow uno, dos, tre, or what?

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Doubt they'll play anything from the Trilogy for a long time. There's only a handful of good songs on them, and it was a dark time for the band personally as well. I can see why they want to distance themselves from it.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea, as a whole the trilogy is lacking, but there are some songs I wouldn't mind seeing, especially from Uno. Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, Loss of Control, Oh Love, Stop When the Red Lights Flash, and 99 Revolutions would all be songs I wouldn't mind seeing.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Let Yourself Go and 99 Revolutions would be fine with me but I also don't mind them not playing them.

Also still hoping the pit tickets for Pittsburgh drop to the 150ish range

21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Saw them in Brooklyn last night and goddamn it was amazing. Really stirred up a lot of emotions for me in the best way possible. Seeing them in Worcester on Friday with my friends, that should be a lot of fun too. The band is in really great form these days.

22. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

What a great show in Worcester last night. I haven't seen Green Day since the Pop Disaster tour in 2002, and this was a strong reminder of how great they are live. Billie Joe really knows how to work the crowd.

23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I just looked at the setlist.... Wow. Just wow.... What time did they go on/off the stage? Looks LONG.

24. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Almost a full 2.5 hours. Went on stage a little after 8:30 and I was walking out right around 11. I don't know how he has the energy to do that every night of this tour.

25. chelsealouanne

Regular

Tomorrow's the day for me!