Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day to Release “Bang Bang” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Uno and Dos were underwhelming but Tre was great, not to say it didn't have a couple of duds though. Excited to see where this direction leads.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The ones I put on my single-album version: "See You Tonight," "Stray Heart," "Lazy Bones," and "Amy."

"Brutal Love" is fantastic. I think it sucks that some people write off the trilogy wholesale, because there are moments like that song where they are exploring very interesting variations of their sound. I've said it before, but I'd love a classic pop album in that vein from them, or at least Billie Joe. "Brutal Love" might be his best vocal performance on record.

Tre isn't cohesive, but I don't think Nimrod is either and people like that just fine. Some of this band's albums are just collections of songs, which is fine. Uno is the most cohesive, but it also has the lowest highs. Dos is all over the place in a bad way. Still, I think they combine into one pretty great record.

3. Davjs

Trusted

That's a pretty good point lol

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'd actually say that Nimrod is a weirder listen start to finish that Tre is. I like that album, but it doesn't really hold together as a full-length. I think it, like the trilogy, could also use some liberal trimming. A shorter version of that album could be one of their best, because the good songs are really good.

5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

No? That's too bad...I hope they can pull it back cause they were a pretty great band at one point

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Except not as good...

7. r0m4n44

A comeback album. produced by John Feldmann.
    Just kidding, I don't want Green Day to go the blink route, but could you imagine?

8. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Definitely agree. And interesting you mention Nimrod. I always considered it their weakest pre-21CBD album (1039 aside) until a friend left it in his car CD player on repeat a few years back. Gave me a new appreciation for it. Ots probably just outside my top three now.
    1. American Idiot
    2. Warning
    3. Dookie

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

no thanks. don't want to imagine that lol

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd cut maybe three songs from Nimrod. The rest is killer. It's a great album

11. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I definitely listen to Kerplunk and Insomniac the least but I like those albums too.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

As far as I'm concerned they've never made a bad album but I'm aware that's a controversial opinion

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Until 2012 they hadn't

Raku likes this.