Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Revolution Radio (October 7, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Definitely glad Billie is doing better now. When that infamous iheartradio thing happened I felt so bad for him. Really sucked seeing him be dragged through the mud in a hard time for him.

Edit: meant to post this in the band thread but I guess it doesn't really matter lol

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

eh i kinda like it. lyrics are trash but it's interesting enough instrumentally. better than anything off the trilogy and 21st century

3. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I'm a fan of the lyrics.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The lyrics are by far the most interesting thing about the song.

Jose likes this.
  5. clockwise

Yeah, they're irreverent and flashy/bratty, but that's kind of the point of the song. As described by BJA, it's like modern selfie culture mixed with the senseless violence that's been plaguing America.

amorningofsleep and Jose like this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Looks like the title track is coming to Spofity tomorrow

7. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Title track is up. I'm really liking how energetic these songs sound

8. clockwise

Yeah, loving both of these songs. This album is going to be killer!

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Both the new songs just sound like slightly improved trilogy songs. Meh.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Pretty good song, but not quite as awesome as the other track

Joe4th likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Drip drip... seems early but I guess not...

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, did not expect that. Don't have high expectations but I'm still going to give it a listen ASAP. Thanks for the heads up.

14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Of course when I'm about to head out for the afternoon. Still, looking forward to hearing this.

15. Fox83

Trusted

Welp. Here we go then.

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Not a big fan of this after the first listen. There's really nothing here that we haven't heard from Green Day before.

17. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Somewhere Now and Outlaws are pretty different from most of their work

After one listen, this is pretty good, but there is still a lot of obvious flaws. I really like the songs Say Goodbye, Troubled Times and Bouncing Off the Wall. All of the singles are great too. I am happy as a Green Day stan

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Not feeling Youngblood or the choruses on Outlaws, but I'm liking everything else. Digging Say Goodbye, Troubled Times, Somewhere Now, and Still Breathing the most right now.

19. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to Somewhere Now is so strange, I really wish there were more tracks like this. Youngblood is cute as hell but doesn't deserve a spot on the record

20. Neon Light

rage and love

It's a grower. Loving it already and halfway through second listen. I'm feeling similar to how I felt after listening to 21CB for the second time - went from "hmm wtf not sure" to "THIS IS FUCKING GREAT". I think Somewhere Now is my early favourite. What a start.

21. Jose

weightless in the valley

Refuse to listen to this until its official release, but i'm glad there's mostly positive vibes

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I also thought it sounded more like 21CB than any of their other albums.

23. Neon Light

rage and love

Third listen in and they have knocked it out of the fucking park. I'm pretty overwhelmed with emotion at the moment

Turkeylegz and Jose like this.
  24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

For some reason Somewhere Now reminds me of Sweet Child O' Mine

25. Fox83

Trusted

I can't figure out my feelings on this album yet. There are some pretty great moments here, and I'll hold off on the nitpicking that is eating at me on early listens. I just can't figure out what I'm taking away from it after each listen. I think it's kind of what I've expected after American Idiot but never quite got since. It's an album that, of course, isn't as powerful as Dookie or as significant as American Idiot felt at the time it released, but it's sort of what I expect Green Day to be after all of that. This is coming from someone that was lukewarm on 21CB and mixed about the trilogy, for what that's worth (and I still hold Nimrod as my personal favorite after all these years...).