Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Postpone Three Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have postponed the first three dates of their upcoming tour due to an illness affecting several members of the band and crew. The full press release can be found below.

Green Day regretfully must postpone three of the first four dates of their upcoming tour and must cancel the Toronto appearance, all due to illness affecting several members of the band and its crew. The postponed dates are: St. Louis, MO on 9/20, Chicago, IL on 9/21; and Detroit, MI on 9/24. The show in Toronto, ONT on 9/23, where they were due to appear at the World Cup of Hockey Fan Village will be canceled. Schedule permitting, Green Day will make up all dates but Toronto, and tickets will be honored at the new dates.
    “We’re so sad to announce we have to postpone three shows and cancel Toronto,” said the band. “Many of us have been battling this infection for days on end to be ready, and it just got the best of us”

Fans who would like to obtain a refund can do so from their original point of purchase. Stay tuned to www.greenday.com for more info on the new tour dates.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Yuck. I know this is bad but I kinda wish it was columbus and I got another shot at some refunded tickets

3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Well I guess that answers my question of whether or not I'll be attending the Toronto show haha

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I'm just very hopeful that this means there will be more tickets for Chicago's show.

5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Shitty when bands gotta cancel.

6. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Nice avatar. Was front row for their penultimate American show at Riot Fest Denver. #humblebrag The end of MCS is crushing. Have a feeling they'll reunite, though.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! That's awesome, not to one up you but I was at their final show Sunday night, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Would've been cool to be front row at one of their last shows though. I think they will two, but even 3-5 years is way too much time without any Motion City activity.

ConArdist and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

You did one-up me! Haha that's awesome, My Dinosaur Life is their best album and I hate to see them bow out.