Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Grab Third Number One Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2016.

1. mikalcheuk

would like to know where set it off's new album landed. it had some bangers on there.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This album is still pretty good to me, for them it's kinda just okay. A few really good songs and a few duds

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Congrats to the band!

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean Trio prob sold around 20k first week of their last release. Their fanbase doesn't account for doubling up Green Day. And there's a lot of Trio fans who really don't care for blink so I'd be surprised if half the loyal Trio supporters picked up California. I just think the trilogy left a worst taste in peoples mouths than Neighborhoods did. Replacing as big a personality as Tom is in no way expected to be a positive except to the people who didn't get into blink cause they hated his voice. Bored To Death did great and basically everything went perfect for blink on this album. Summer release probably helped too.

5. Rushmore33

It's funny you mention the Tom's voice thing, cause I definitely have a couple friends who previously despised Blink but gave the new album a shot because they realized Tom's voice was the thing turning them off.

That being said, the Green Day album was better than I expected. There are about 5-6 really solid tracks on there, and the others aren't particularly offensive.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Green Day isn't bad. Agree there's around 6 or 7 tracks I really like. I'm just not super into them anymore but I can enjoy it and I'd say they're back on track for the most part.