Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's crazy that this band has done absolutely nothing for me in the past 10 years.

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Shit, 19 years for me.

3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

*I agree*

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

beachdude, Contender, ChaseTx and 5 others like this.
  5. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Was just a joke lol It's a bold opinion

6. Oddjob

Worst song of 2019 by far

SFguitar and thedrudo like this.
  7. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

no

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s close, especially in terms of expectation vs reality

Oddjob likes this.
  9. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

nah

beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I mean, it's not like Green Day are the peak of high expectations currently. I expect there are other artists/songs whose expectation v reality was more dissapointing this year

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I expected a Green Day song to not sound like 2007 radio cock rock, maybe that’s on me

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

hey i'm relistening to 21st century breakdown and if you don't think "before the lobotomy" slaps i don't wanna hear it!!!!!!

13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

CHRISTIAN SANG THE EULOGYYYYYYYYY

beachdude and unbornwhiskey like this.
  14. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I'd listen to every Green Day album from Dookie to American Idiot in full on a loop for a week. I might even through 21CBD into that as well, even though I feel like it has lots of good songs no great ones. My post-peak Green Day (trilogy and RR and this) playlist might be as small as:
    . Stay the Night
    . Stray Heart
    . Brutal Love
    . X-Kid
    . Still Breathing
    . Forever Now
    Pretty decent EP but not ideal given that is from four albums... I'll still check out this new one even though every aspect of this is VERY "we are 50 years old but we are still cool right?"

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

WHOAAAA
    CHRISTIAN'S INFERNO

no great songs my butt

beachdude, Joe4th and Aregala like this.
  16. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

My most recent relisten (first in a long while) revealed to me that Before the Lobotomy is one of the best tracks on there. Had never felt that way previously. It's great.

17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

All good none on par with their best 20-30 songs imo but glad you like it even more than I do

18. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

title track on 21st Century Breakdown is also one of their best ever imo

19. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I’m not very compelled by 21CB one way or the other. Which is probably a bad thing given how much is going on there. It’s definitelty not bad but few if any tracks jump out as essential Green Day for me.

20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I have heavy nostalgia for 21stCB as I vividly remember when it came out being in like 7th grade going to Best Buy (lol) at the Mall of America with a bunch of friends, buying the deluxe book edition of it and doing a listening party using my buddy's boombox

It definitely sounded straight shit and was a weird environment to listen to that album for the first time but it was still cool

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"last night on earth" is so good too, that particular stretch of the record always blows my mind

as for the trilogy, it was the worst research i've ever done to review a record (for revolution radio). i had skipped it initially bc "oh love" was an unappealing omen and i wasn't wrong!!! there are some scattered good songs though

beachdude, Joe4th and Aregala like this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lmao aregala you're so much younger than me! 21st century breakdown was my last year of college. i doubted it would be remotely as good as american idiot and got so surprised. i think chris weingarten was also a huge stan for the record and he was one of my favorite critics at the time (not that this stopped being true, he's just a friend and colleague now)

beachdude and Aregala like this.
  23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"last night on earth" rulesssssss

unsurprisingly it was one of the 21st songs they carried over and added to the American Idiot musical

in general I think they hyper musical theater / queen / the who esque stuff goes over better on this than it does on American Idiot maybe because it feels like they're even less afraid of it fitting into whatever the template of a "punk rock opera" would allow

24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i agree completely!

Aregala likes this.
  25. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

remembering now that when I saw them on that tour (still a super formative show and one of my faves) the fucking bravery opened

2009 mannnnnnnnn lol