Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The only thing I so far like about this is the pre-expectations of what Butch Walker/Green Day could be. And I wanna go back like 50 minutes and live there.

slimfenix182 and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Song good
    Album name fine
    Album art bad
    Instagram post REALLY BAD

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

everything bad

4. ZeoVGM

Regular

Pretty much this.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Butch confirmed he produced the whole album

beachdude likes this.
  6. 100% going to the Fenway show next summer.

7. samhouston

Where can I find more info about this? Are they working on the record right now in Oakland/the East Bay?

I know this probably sounds like bullshit, but I was driving through Berkeley last week with my fiance and we drove past a guy that looked like Butch Vig. I yelled to my fiance "That dude looks 100% like Butch Vig!!!". I wonder if it was actually him?

8. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

Single is great. IG post was cringe. Not sure why rock bands feel the need to embarass themselves like that... amd the fact that fans of rock music eat that kind of shit up? Not there for it. Looking forward to the album. Song sounds fresh.

9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

This album could very well be a midlife crisis in 26 minutes but hey if the songs slap I’m here for it

10. I think I like the album name and I'm okay with them using the American Idiot iconography but everything else about this is just not for me.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Was not a fan of the song - doesn't even sound like BJA

12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Idk why it bothers me so much, but I truly hate them reusing the fucking AI motif again. So many other possibilities and that’s the lazy bullshit they go with? Ughhhhh.

The single is fine, and I’m glad they did something different— IMO, a polarizing sound is a good thing for them.

beachdude and ECV like this.
  13. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I can't think of any time an artist has done that (granted, I don't know too many cases of this) where I thought it worked aside from David Bowie

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wrong Butch haha, Butch Walker.

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. samhouston

lol damn

Anyway - the new song sounds like Black Keys. Very interested in hearing what the rest of this album sounds like...

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That post is dumb but the song rules

beachdude likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually really love the single, it’s exactly what I wanted them to do. Change the sound up a little but still sound undoubtedly Green Day. Chorus is fucking killer too

I will agree that the album art is really bad though, they used to consistently have great album art until that somehow plummeted at the trilogy

beachdude likes this.
  18. yeah please fuck off with this, thanks

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It’s clearly tongue in cheek

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Imagine taking that seriously

Nick Jagger, Polaris, Kelsey and 2 others like this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Everything; art, title, song, the IG post — probably the time for them to be political too.

Carrow likes this.
  22. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

The men in this band are almost 50. You'd think they'd start gravitating to more mature themes/imagery. Idk

iCarly Rae Jepsen, ECV and Carrow like this.
  23. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This screams sarcasm. Also, the Weezer song is somehow the best of the 3.

brad4846 likes this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I really want to believe that post is a joke because it seems too absurd to be sincere and Green Day has never been that band (especially considering their own history of being called "sellouts" and banned from their home club for decades) but you really never know these days.

bachna84, Joe4th and Ken like this.
  25. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

That post is stupid but I'm not letting it affect my enjoyment of the song. I also don't believe them when they say it's not political, at least like not at all. The title track, to me, comes across as a satirical judgement of people who act like that but idk, I could be wrong. Guess I'll wait and hear the full record

beachdude likes this.