Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

also, are all of these songs gonna have hand clap tracks? Seems likely

2. Listened to the first single just now for the first time since it came out. I hated it originally. But after hearing the new one today and then going back to “father of all...” ......I think I love these songs...? haha.

I think I love these Green Day songs because they don’t sound like Green Day.

3. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This song was not written for the NHL, they even had to cut the first verse "Kill the dog..."

It's been stuck in my head since I heard the preview and I feel like it probably will be until the next one comes out. FOAMF is life.

beachdude likes this.
  4. abw123

Trusted

Whoever said this sounds like / should be called Foxboro Hot Tubs - I agree with you

tomdelonge likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Song is fine. I liked the first one better. Still sounds like Billie to me, he's just singing in a higher range. Also sounds like an iPod commercial circa 2005.

6. tomdelonge

Trusted

7. [​IMG]

8. I, for one, am surprised an album titled "Father of All Motherfuckers" has so far been a complete musical disaster.

9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Can’t wait to thrash around my room to this album.

beachdude likes this.
  10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Ugh yes dancing to these songs at shows is going to be amazing.

beachdude likes this.
  11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This is the best iteration of Green Day ever

12. Fox83

Trusted

Oh my.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

danielm123 likes this.
  15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The internet was a mistake

emojedi, tomdelonge and slimfenix182 like this.
  16. danielm123

Trusted

I'd be willing to say this is the 4th best iteration of Green Day. Right behind Bay Area punk GD, folk punk GD, and over-the-top rock opera GD.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

This era is pretty tongue-in-cheek, along the lines of BJA's The Rev character back during the FBHT era. At first ai found it cringeworthy but it honestly seems like a throwback to that. I can at least respect the lack of taking things seriously in their online postings.

beachdude and kyle like this.
  18. tomtom94

Trusted

Fun fact, the label have screwed up the Spotify release of the new single

Attached Files:

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

one of those is Father on it's own, the other is both new songs in an "EP" It's what most artists do these days, when you release a new single, you release it with the previous singles in a single release so that after someone streams the new single, it automatically goes to the old single

20. tomtom94

Trusted

Yeah but the second one should be called "Fire, Ready, Aim"

21. irthesteve

No, the band is uploading them under the album name "Father of All," one is just the single, the other is both singles from the album

22. tomtom94

Trusted

Surely it should like this, which is how it looks when every other band does it

All it looks like now is like a glitch where the band has accidentally uploaded the same song twice, so a whole load of people won't realise there's a new song released

Attached Files:

23. irthesteve

no I totally understand what you are saying, I am just saying that the way the band chose to upload it is under the album title each time, not the single title. It happens.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. I had a feeling this would happen one day!

jk