Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

No one will ever convince me that "cringe" is a good description of anything musical, this isn't reddit

2. Your post also made me cringe. It’s a description of a physical act when you have secondhand embarrassment for someone; it’s not hard to understand.

ItsAndrew, AFoolsGlory, Sybil and 3 others like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

all I can think of is that the #1 alternative song right now is called Cringe

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It's a great Alkaline Trio song too

5. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

They freed Mike Dirnt from the root note prison he was living in and that makes me happy.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

7. irthesteve

that's the truth

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  8. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t understand why using the word cringe to describe something isn’t acceptable.

I cringe at the notion, actually.

Ken likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

“Balls”

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

how do you tour with Against Me and then for the press release for your next album you say "I'm gonna teabag you with my balls"

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Not a huge fan of the vocal effect on Armstrong's voice, hope they don't have a vocal filter on his mic when they debut it on Thursday.

12. irthesteve

They'll certainly be playing it tonight, so we'll probably see if video surfaces

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Better than “overproduced” which has been used a lot for this song.

I think people are taking that post too seriously. And for anyone to call this the worst GD song, when Night Life is in the world- you are flat out wrong.

FTank, .K. and beachdude like this.
  14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve never been a big Green Day fan, but I enjoy this song.

beachdude likes this.
  15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

More inventive and original than anything Greta Van Fleet has recorded, and they’ve been coined as the one band who “saved” rock music.

FTank and beachdude like this.
  16. Jackbo487

Regular

there's chatter on the Green Day Reddit/twittersphere that the new album title/artwork/description stuff is some kind of FUCK YOU to the label, hence the album barely being 26 minutes long, and that Billie Joe said something about having another album out next year, maybe, as an independent band or something?

the macho stuff does seem weird unless they're doing a bit or doing a 'theme,' which we all know they're prone to doing every now and then. weird.

17. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Green Day has never been macho or pro-hypermasculinity. Tongue is clearly in cheek even if it's stupid.

Polaris, FTank, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  18. irthesteve

I saw somewhere in an interview that this is indeed their last album on the label and they hope to have another one out shortly after

FTank likes this.
  19. Nothing’s gone wrong with them releasing way too much music back-to-back before, so I’m not worried.

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So on the “rock is dead” thing, are guitar (and I guess all instrument sales) still suffering hard?

I still listen to a lot of great guitar driven bands, so I’m not buying the Rock is dead angle. It’s just lost it’s place in the mainstream of new music. It sort of seems strange to then tour with FOB and Weezer. Hope this record is good if I end up checking it out.

Also, 1994 was pretty cool when Green Day and The Offspring broke out.

23. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The alternative cover without the unicorn works a lot better for me.
    4261F969-0AA7-4DBC-9312-27FE93B61F60.jpeg

.K. likes this.