Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I was definitely running to it for a few weeks but it did fall out of my rotation

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

Album is the definition of “fine”

3. BenSmith94

Trusted

"I was a teenage teenager, full of piss and vinegar" is my front runner for worst lyric of the year. That song is just dreadful.

I can't get into this album because it feels like a band trying to be young again, but their picture of youth is so distorted from the current state of play that it's just impossible for me to relate or find any solace/meaning in its lyrics or any appreciation of the music as a whole. They just want to desperately be young and "punk rock" but it comes at the cost of any nuance or success.

Not knocking anyone who does enjoy the album, just more of an explanation of why I can't get into it.

KRKrummy and 333 GANG like this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

I still love it

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I WISH this album had swedish songwriters and trap beats

7. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I don't

But that piece of advertising may be the single most old man, uninformed and stupid thing I've ever seen related to Green Day

8. It’s literally the only GD album since American Idiot that I’ve enjoyed. I love it. Every other album after AI was just more of the same, which I would say are just “fine.” This one at least sounds like they’re trying something different for the first time in over 10 years. But that’s just my opinion I guess. Haha.

btr and Doomsday like this.
  9. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

How can you like American Idiot and not like 21st Century Breakdown????

10. I dunno. I haven’t listened to it since it came out.

Doomsday likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Cause it's not as good as American Idiot? Lol it's not bad don't get me wrong, but it feels super long, it doesn't flow great and there's definitely filler. If I'm in the mood for that type of album I'm gonna listen to AI instead of the album trying to repeat it's success

12. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think it's better than American Idiot, I just think it's weird to dislike one and like the other. I also completely disagree with everything else you said, but that's just my opinion. It's hard to have an album in this world of music that is better than AI though I think

13. pbueddi

Trusted

21CB and the trilogy were completely different.

14. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Favorite Son is such a jam, speaking of American Idiot

15. owenlongsworth

Regular

I have enjoyed every album after 21st Century Breakdown, but they are also clearly the band’s weakest. I feel the same with bands like Weezer & Coldplay, like everything, but the later albums are their weakest.

With artists like this, I’ve found myself listening to their entire discographies on shuffle for like a week to get myself re-acquainted with those later albums that I listen to less often.

When doing this, I find myself enjoying songs on those later albums a lot more than I had in the past. Sometimes even surprised at which ones I’m enjoying.

tomdelonge likes this.
  16. tomdelonge

Trusted

These days i listen to live shows as much as the records. Cool cheap trick cover in this one!

Nick Jagger likes this.
  17. KRKrummy

Formerly SanePsychotic Prestigious

I don't because 21CB just felt like a continuation of AI, which was unnecessary to me. There are some good songs on 21CB but overall it feels bloated and not particularly inspired. I haven't listened to it as a whole in quite some time, but if memory serves correctly it also didn't flow together very well.

As for this album, I'm on the fence. There are some songs I enjoy, but as a whole it falls flat to me. I hate to say this, but I think I would enjoy this album more if it weren't a Green Day album. The Foxboro Hot Tubs vibe that's present is appreciated, but again, it doesn't feel like Green Day to me.

Doomsday likes this.
  18. Greg Apr 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2020)
    Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I lived on those live shows when I was in high school. But only then I had to download them track by track from Kazaa or bearshare or winmx or whatever it was.

so much easier to watch now.

tomdelonge and Nick Jagger like this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'll be the first to admit this band can basically do no wrong in my eyes but again I absolutely love 21st Century, it's probably my fourth favorite by them

Gallhammer likes this.
  20. abw123

Trusted

I don’t have Favorite Son, somehow. Can anyone share an mp3?

thx

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

holy shit

22. yesssss

23. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

One of the greatest songs of all time. So happy this exists.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

so great

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

He sounds so good on that kind of power pop song.