Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I’ve never been one to want less saxophones

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. tomdelonge

Trusted

Im set on sax but i could use more sirens

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I just said it not long ago but the Network album is so fucking good, everybody listen if you haven't

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album made me appreciate 21CBD more than I ever have. So much that I felt the need to purchase it on vinyl lol. The production on 21CBD is awesome too. Never really paid much attention to it until this past week or so.

pbueddi likes this.
  5. pbueddi

Trusted

Good one to have on vinyl!

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the guitar solos and tones on 21st century are all soooooooo sick

Aregala likes this.
  7. tomdelonge

Trusted

Wow I really dislike the 21CBD production. I'm a lil surprised to see so much praise. Different strokes!

To my ears it's the worst of 2010 trends; super fake gridded drums, harsh over limited guitar sounds, excessively treated vox, big yuck over here.

I do really like the squishy acoustic in See The Light and the Before The Lobotomy intro is cool, can't groove w them main guitars tho...

I'm a big Butch (and CLA) fan too, it's a drag. I love White Crosses from that era. This kinda sound works there, but doesn't connect for me on 21CBD.

8. tomdelonge

Trusted

some good songs on the record though! bad production ain't gonna get in the way of that

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The bass and guitar tones are really nice. They’re like AI production but more cleaned up.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

every time I listen to this album, I remember that it's absolutely terrible lol. SORRY

tdlyon, tomdelonge and Allhailburnzy like this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Network is the 2nd best post-Warning Billie Joe album.

12. Yeah 21CB will forever be my favorite Green Day album in terms of production and songs

13. tomdelonge

Trusted

y'all drummer types might dig this, from the bathroom at CLA's place. IMG_1733.JPG

chewbacca110 likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I just think it's catchy and fun as hell lol and it's interesting to hear them try a totally different sound. I love Supermodel Robots, Roshambo, Spike, Teenagers from Mars (I know it's a cover), Transistors Gone Wild, Spastic Society and Reto

Gallhammer likes this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I need to go back to 21CB I think

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's a really great album that I have always been baffled at the hate for

unbornwhiskey and Gallhammer like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I never hated it, I just always went back to AI instead

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I started a relisten on my way to work this morning. Got about half way through and it's much better than I remembered.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

From Facebook:

[​IMG]

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

is that what the kids call "memes"

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

RevRad isn’t bad

marioeatworld and 333 GANG like this.
  22. Kuri44

I know it’s only February, but 2020 has kind of been a let down music-wise so far, compared to the last several years. There’s hasn’t been any albums or singles I’ve immediately loved yet, maybe except for ATL’s SKOD and a three tracks off the upcoming NFG album

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I dunno I‘be been digging a number of new albums this year including Beach Bunny, Tame Impala, Dan Deacon, Andy Shauf, but it all depends on your taste.

Kuri44 likes this.
  24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

This year has already given me Anti-Flag, Spanish Love Songs, and Higher Power, so 2020 is okay by me.

Gallhammer likes this.