Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day - Father of all Motherfuckers (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2019.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

He’s also pretty damn good on Foreverly or whatever it was called, if that counts

Aregala likes this.
  2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

lol I was legit thinking that might be the one other contender

should revisit that

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That was a really nice album, they should do something like that again

4. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah I really should have thought of the other Green Day stans before I posted something as blasphemous as that.

But I meant every word.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

You’re a monster.

6. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

^im actually on board

clockwise likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i think that's the second time that video's been posted in this thread. btw he sucks even when you agree with him

Aregala, Aaron Mook and irthesteve like this.
  8. 0/10 is also very silly

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Carrow and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. soggytime

Trusted

Whoops should have checked the thread. Deleted my post due to the video already being here.

11. BenSmith94

Trusted

The thing which frustrates me most about this album is there are actually some really good riffs/hooks.

But the lyrics are fucking garbage. I Was A Teenage Teenager is just lazy songwriting at its worst.

12. Heron182

Regular

This album is trash

13. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I don't think the band was trying to make a great album. They seem very much in the 'well past prime so let's just have fun and do whatever we want' phase.

That happens to every massive band that hangs around long enough. You're not going to be the 'it' band forever. Your sound will not stay in style. I can't blame them for thinking the best option is to mess around, put out a subpar album and in doing so justify another world tour. (A world tour without a new album would risk a band becoming essentially its own tribute act.) I don't begrudge any band doing that. They will still make good money and probably have a great time. And in a way it must be nice to know that your best years were so good they can sustain you well into your post-prime.

I think Still Breathing was their last chance at a hit. That it didn't become huge (at least by their lofty standards) says more about the state of mainstream rock music than the song imo. I couldn't blame them for thinking 'if that song wasn't big, nothing we do is going to be again' and therefore just making whatever music they wanted as long as they were enjoying themselves.

None of this excuses their 'we are trying to save real rock music' stance which is pure cringe and makes me far less invested in supporting the band -- arguably my favourite band of all time -- than any weak record could.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I could see Oh Yeah or Meet Me on the Roof being "hits" (relatively anyway for their genre), they've especially really been pushing the former the last week or so

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think this very often when the Melon reviews a rock record, but this is absolutely spot on.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’m glad some people like this record but yeah... this is bad. Really really bad. I can’t even believe this is Green Day.

Minus their one decent track, Sugar Youth, I just feel absolutely nothing (aside from bored) listening to this.

At this point, I wish the band had just retired after American Idiot.

333 GANG likes this.
  17. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Hits Daily Double has this selling 42-47k, debuting around #5 on Billboard 200 chart.

RevRad sold 95k.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

There’s no way you actually believe this and if you do? I’m legit bummed for you.

domotime2, SamLevi11 and 333 GANG like this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21 Feb 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think that album is bad by any means. I’ve heard much worse. What still gets at me is this is under the Green Day name when it’s clearly more in line with the side projects.

That said, Waiting is still my favorite Green Day song. So simple and catchy in melody with and an easy-going guitar solo that’s always stick in my head.

Redundant is prob my number 2

When I Come Around and Maria are close after

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Warning is such an underrated Green Day record. It has a few meh tracks but Waiting and Blood, Sex, and Booze are top tier Green Day tracks IMO.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I’m pretty sure Warning is my second favorite Green Day album right behind Nimrod. It’s great.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same

Daniel182 likes this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Same

Daniel182 likes this.
  24. It's far and away their best imo

25. Maddy

Regular

I feel like my Green Day album sorting would go like this: