Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 59

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. ross senack

I've seen Green Day on every tour since Dookie. My favorite opening act was The Living End on the Warning Tour.

kpatrickwood and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I was at this tour at this show:

At the 44 min mark when he's asking for requests, I was the one shouting out for Haushinka too which he said "Haushinka? That's a pretty good song....I like that song.......TOO BAD WE'RE NOT GONNA FUCKIN PLAY IT!"

Ah what a great show.

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

That’s amazing hahahaha

4. Jerihoar

Regular

So far this show has truly been the best! From the very start it's been a happy and chill and just the best vibes. Pete said they're filming tonight's show. Not sure if it was just their set or everyones.

5. I miss when bands would put out live DVDs/documentaries

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Even if it's just FOB's set I'll be happy since they couldn't play my date lol

theasteriskera likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Sending my love

This tour was so good to me. I never expected it would be such a defining part of 2021 for me.

Originally had planned on going to just the Denver show. After the initial delay, wanted to go to Seattle (which would have been the first show). After the second rescheduling, decided I had to go to the Dallas show which was the new first show. That was my first concert “back”. It was so good, I knew I had to go to some other shows.

Worked out nicely that I was going to be in Michigan during the Columbus date, so I made the drive to meet up with some friends at that date. Then very impulsively decided that week to go to the Philly show. The Philly show was the best show of the tour for me.

I’ve always liked Weezer and have seen them several times. This was my favorite Weezer set from all the tours I’ve seen, and their staging is amazing. Fall Out Boy is top 4 favorite bands for me, I’ve seen them every tour since Black Clouds & Underdogs. I love them more now than ever. And Green Day…always consistently amazing, but I gained a newfound appreciation for them on this tour and their showmanship. It didn’t matter how good Weezer or FOB was…Green Day was going to steal the show no matter what. And boy, did they.

Thank you, Hella Mega Tour. I will remember this tour forever. What a beautiful, amazing snapshot in my life.

8. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

exactly. At no point in time were any of the opening bands going to steal the show from Green Day.

This was my first show back after a year and a half. It was the first time where, all things considered, life felt truly back to normal. I’m not gonna lie when I said I cried a bit once the Interrupters started playing. What an excellent band to kick off a tour like this. I hope the exposure this tour gave helps propel them to greater heights.

Weezer’s set was fun, but it was Fall Out Boy who really set the place off. They’ve been a favorite band of mine since 2004 and they continue to stand out. The crowd went NUTS from start to almost finish (god bless FOB for committing to the bit and playing Saturday at the end of each set). You can tell how honored they were to be on a tour with two of their biggest influences.

Green Day? Nothing to say. One of the greatest live bands for a reason. They truly put on a performance that can’t be rivaled.

I’m so thankful for this tour and what that night gave me. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. You just had to be there.

TapDatApp and heymattrick like this.
  9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah agreed, this tour is special. Lineups like this don't happen often and it really was a fantastic night. Extra sentimental being many people's first show back.

Murph and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  10. sam_might_say

This tour was pretty unique, honestly. It’s not often you can arrange a big tour where three big bands can all squeeze in a full headlining set.

I know I already mentioned it, but I hope we get a similar tour to this in the future. There are quite a few bands that you could interchange. I’m not sure if they could pull a stadium, but probably large amphitheaters

theasteriskera and heymattrick like this.
  11. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I still can't believe this tour actually happened and that I got to go. What a time to be alive

tyler2tall and ComedownMachine like this.
  12. sam_might_say

I think years from now, people will look back at this tour like many do for the Pop Disaster Tour. There will definitely be bragging rights

13. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

The last page of comments makes me so sad that FOB was unable to play NYC

14. ross senack

I was there too! I was at every NYC event (and NJ) until I moved to LA in 2004!

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

16. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

17. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

paythetab likes this.
  18. sam_might_say

paythetab likes this.
  19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

There was someone in front of me at the Green Day tour that bought $400 worth of merch.

20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

That was me