Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 58

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

What's up with these Summerfest shows? In the Chance thread someone showed a ticketmaster shot of his upcoming show there and it didnt look like more than 100 tickets were sold.

Do they market those shows really poorly, or is the venue just in the most inconvenient location? Makes me think it's similar to Jones Beach. It gets billed as an "NYC area venue," but really it's 40 miles away from the city and there's no public transportation that goes there. Those shows never sell.

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. heymattrick

Sending my love

The Twenty One Pilots show on Saturday is also not selling super well, which is especially strange since their Chicago shows are very much sold out.

3. Xpertguy5

Trusted

That's strange. They usually sell out these shows easily

4. Tifoil

ñ

I would go to that show if I had a car :(

5. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Got my show tomorrow. How has the pit been for these shows?

6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I legit can’t believe my date is tomorrow. It doesn’t even feel like it’s actually happening

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Enjoy it. Live it. Love it. I'm drunk.

8. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Hope I'm not speaking too soon but I was shitting my pants this whole week wondering if it was gonna happen or not

alkalinexandy likes this.
  9. ross senack

Who else is shocked that Green Day/Offspring tour was never a thing?

- Ross Senack

Cgarnsay likes this.
  10. heymattrick

Sending my love

11. sam_might_say

12. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I was at this show and it was a lot more full than that screenshot would lead you to believe. It was kind of a weird set up where the tier below the lawn is just bleachers. There were some less populated spots the bleachers in the corners for sure, but the lawn/pit/normal seats seemed pretty packed out.

Show was a good time but I definitely said "for fuck's sake would you just finish the song already" to myself at least 10 times while Billie was doing his whole I SAIDA HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYOOOOOOOO C'MAW! thing.

Brent likes this.
  13. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Those two bands don't really like each other from what I understand. Probably just some minor shit talking in the 90's but, for whatever reason, I get the impression that Green Day just never really respected The Offspring and The Offspring probably would never open for Green Day as it would cement the fact that Green Day just towers over them in terms of status.

14. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Im going tonight and I just remembered how I much I hate dodger stadium lol

15. sam_might_say

I haven’t been in like 11 years… Should be interesting

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The traffic is already horrendous, we're on our way to the area to grab drinks first and it's basically less than 10 mph the whole way

17. Xpertguy5 Sep 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 4, 2021)
    Xpertguy5

Trusted

I'm an angels fan and would have 1000x preferred they had the show there

irthesteve and Brent like this.
  18. sam_might_say

Lol same. It’s funny, I’m a lifelong Dodgers fan and have gone to a bunch of games at Dodgers Stadium throughout my life, but I MUCH prefer Angels games over Dodgers games IMO

Also not to mention I’m like a 15 minute drive away from Angels stadium lol

EDIT: Just got the the stadium. BRUH it’s really $40 to park? What the fuck

19. Xpertguy5

Trusted

So I'm in the PIT and managed to get barricade along the catwalk. Life is good

Blink182Bouncer and irthesteve like this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

About to pay for parking, have fun everyone!

21. sam_might_say

Damn, at the show with my half-Japanese girlfriend, and we watched Weezer play El Scorcho… at the Green Day concert… What a beautiful full-circle moment

22. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Honestly I think tonight was the best night of my life. Never did I think I would be able to see Green Day from being that close. Same goes for FOB and Weezer. Interrupters were great too. The show was a big sing a long start to finish for me and I met some really awesome people too.

23. sam_might_say Sep 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 4, 2021)
    sam_might_say

Tonight was amazing! That hands down was one of the best shows I’ve ever been to!

Weezer was sick and sounded tight. I think the whole 80’s metal gimmick is tacky af, but damn, I still loved the hell out of their stage setup

Fall Out Boy was awesome! Interesting stage setup and great performance overall. I still can’t believe I’ve somehow never seen them until tonight

Green Day killed it, of course. Once again proving they are one of the greatest live acts of all time. I’m so glad I finally got to see them again. Green Day was my first ever concert when I was 14 years old (Coincidentally, the LA show was a day shy of the 11th anniversary of that show…)

My only complaint was the setlists, but I’m always nitpicky when it comes to that thing. But I mean, getting three full headlining sets from each band was incredible enough, so I can let it slide.

I hope someday a similar tour will happen with the same concept. That was such an insane experience

24. sam_might_say

That’s just a rumor, actually. Iirc, Noodles once said in a Q&A that they’ve all met and get along just fine. I’m not sure what exactly the “they dislike each other” thing stemmed from

25. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I guess just to be safe we better … keep em separated.

ross senack and Xpertguy5 like this.