Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 48

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I would love Homecoming as well… but Jesus of Suburbia is still an amazing song.

heymattrick likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

"Homecoming" is a great song, but to me it would feel kinda odd outside of the context of the album/in a set that is comprised largely of AI songs. IMHO, between the two "Jesus of Suburbia" works better as a stand-alone.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  3. AndrewRnR

Don't disagree with the comments, JOS is one of my all time favorite songs of any band and the better of the two for a greatest hits set, just trying to find an excuse for Homecoming. We just need a full album AI tour for the 20th anniversary.

4. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I hope they do go that route. Sort of reinvented them and found a whole new generation.

theasteriskera likes this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

That they haven't done a dual Dookie/American Idiot anniversary tour is mind-blowing.

Murph, tyler2tall, Jackbo487 and 4 others like this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I had this same thought! That’d be unreal

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If they ever go that route, I doubt they'd do both albums on a single tour. They would probably do one for Dookie and another for American Idiot.

theasteriskera likes this.
  8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The timeline is so nice and clean ... 1994 and 2004.

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It is. But being able to sell out two tours versus one tour does more for them financially. I agree that it'd be a killer tour, but they wouldn't put it all in one out like that.

10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

American Idiot lends itself better to an album show followed by a second "Greatest Hits" set. They could do set 1 AI set 2 Dookie and set 3 like Know Your Enemy, Hithin A Ride, Bang Bang, Minority, Good Riddance

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm not saying they couldn't do it. And I'm definitely not disputing that would make for an insanely perfect live show. That combo would be my #1 "fantasy" setlist, not just for Green Day, but pretty much any band ever.

I'm saying it's a pipe dream beyond pipe dreams for the two to happen together.

12. Maddy

Regular

Have all three artists been playing the same set list every night? Don’t want to look at spoilers

alkalinexandy likes this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Maybe if Green Day cuts the same 10 minute Bohemian Rhapsody/Ramones intro they've been doing for like a decade+

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yes except FOB cut two songs. Everyone else matched up perfectly

15. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Weren’t there rumors of a AI/D anniversary tour in 2014? I figured that was a thing that was cancelled after Billie went after Bieber

16. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like FOB played their full set again tonight after Tuesday’s difficulties.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They could easily play both Dookie and AI in full in one show, together they would only be like an hour and a half and they already play most of those songs live anyway. Could do that and then another hour of the rest of the hits

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

20 and 30 year anniversaries in 2024 not that far away...

Brent likes this.
  19. Scored a single GA ticket for Citi Field -- I'm not shy about going alone, but this will be a bizarre experience for my first show back!

20. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm hoping to do the same in the next couple days!

21. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Can anyone send me pictures of the merch?

22. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Green Day and FOB merch is on page 44 of this thread if that helps.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Would recommend buying merch early. Slim pickings after the show ended

24. m32137

Regular

How early does the merch truck open? I’m going to the Miami show tomorrow and have not seen any “Know Before You Go” info.

25. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Was supposed to open at 1 today but actually opened at 1:50