Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 29

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Tifoil

ñ

Im fine with them no playing songs from FOA

2. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I would like them to play the entire new album, as it's only 26 minutes and imo very very good. But they'll only play 2 or 3 songs from it so ya'll don't have to worry.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah they'll play the title track and Oh Yeah and that's it most likely

4. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

It's a fun record but there are a few clunkers in it. Stab You In The Heart and Sugar Youth are total jams. Some the of lyrics along with some of the promotion stunts are making me wonder if Billie Joe's drinking is getting out of hand again.

MysteryKnight and Nick Jagger like this.
  5. Neon Light

rage and love

Stab you in the heart is the only one I can’t listen to because of the fuck time riff. Otherwise it’s a solid record. Graffitia is an amazing song.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Sending my love

I love Graffitia, pretty much the only song from the record that I come back to at this point.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The only song I DON'T like on FOAM is Oh Yeah (and Fire Ready Aim is just okay). The rest I genuinely really enjoy

8. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Teenage Teenager is my least favorite, but even that I've come around on.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't mind that song because it sounds like they're doing a Weezer impression lol

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

11. Phil507

That's not news, of course it's still happening according to promoters. Likely they have an April/May target date for if they can still go ahead. If that's the case, we all better hope vaccination roll-out really ramps up since even things like Broadway aren't planning to open until the fall.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fauci is estimating that concerts will be back in September/October, and the US dates of this are scheduled for July/August. If the vaccine rollout doesn't start ramping up by April, I'd predict they'd just reschedule the dates for the fall rather than cancel it.

13. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I could even see this being pushed to summer 2022

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah I think even if the Covid vaccine rollout is huge and they hit their numbers by the summer I still think this, mcr, and ratm all get pushed to next summer.

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

MCR and RATM aren't stadium tours, though. They could easily move those to Q4 2021 or Q1 2022.

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

They are arena tours

Brent likes this.
  17. Phil507

Q4 could be tricky to reschedule that closely but Q1 (love how we're using business terms haha) is definitely doable for RATM and MCR.

This tour might actually fair better in the fall as they won't have to compete with as many baseball games scheduling-wise and given the way our weather patterns are now, it's still relatively warm on the East Coast through mid-Oct.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

... yes ... but ... the reason you push outdoor shows an entire year back is because ... weather is outside and you can't do this tour in the winter. You can do arena tours year-round.

19. heymattrick

Sending my love

So Wrigley Field announced “rescheduled dates” for summer concerts today and still has Hella Mega on for August 15th.

Based on vaccine eligibility opening for all by May 1st, I suppose Hella Mega could now actually be in the realm of possibility? Still in such a delicate time frame but... the city of Chicago seems to be pushing forward.

EDIT: article
    Wrigley Field 2021 concert lineup in place if shows are allowed to happen

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think there's a possibility this is the first big tour that happens

clockwise and heymattrick like this.
  21. heymattrick

Sending my love

I am thinking this too. At least in Colorado, we are one “COVID tier” away from no restrictions on outdoor events. July & August is positioned just far enough out that it could possibly move forward. Still 50-50 but if I think because this is outdoor, it could be the first big one out of the gates.

tdlyon likes this.
  22. Phil507

If MCR and RATM tours have been moved, have to imagine this one will as well. Even though it's outdoors, not sure we'll be able to pack 80k plus people in a stadium in 4 months.

23. simonthebutler

Regular

Would this be an all or nothin tour, like RATM and MCR seem to have been? Or just play dates where they can?

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

A stadium tour with large-scale production is all or nothing. It's EXPENSIVE to rent all that shit.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm starting to err on the side of this tour not happening. Not because we won't be in a place to have shows of that capacity at that point, necessarily. More so because the logistics and requirements are going to vary wildly from state to state and from country to country.

Club shows and festivals will probably be able to happen, but I'm feeling like larger arena tours like that aren't gonna be going down.

tyler2tall likes this.