Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 28

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This tour will definitely happen in at least the States, but when that is is all TBD.

2. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

They already rescheduled the North American and European dates. Australia and NZ is the only leg of the tour to be cancelled.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

No, that's what I'm saying, I don't think the US dates will ever get cancelled, if anything they'll just keep getting rescheduled.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  4. Tifoil

ñ

I managed to get a Field GA ticket for Chicago, now I really hope it doesn't get cancelled/postponed again

5. shawnesty23

Regular

Has anyone gotten their refund for this yet?

6. m32137

Regular

Got mine a couple weeks ago. About 2 weeks after I submitted the request.

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I did not request a refund for Hella Mega, but with almost all of the other Ticketmaster shows that I got refunds for, they all came pretty quick (some as quickly as 48 hours after clicking the request button).

8. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I kept my ticket but I usually get my refunds in about 2-3 weeks later

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I "kept" my ticket. But of course, it seems like I lost my tickets at some point during my move in late March...

So I e-mailed the venue about getting new tickets. And they're supposedly going to be printing new ones up and sending them to me. But communication has been shit and it's stoking my anxiety in a major way.

10. shawnesty23

Regular

I submitted for refund July 1st first day you could and haven’t gotten one yet

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I went looking at the prices for Fenway for the recheduled day.... $40+ fees/ticket! Awful. (then the price of the ticket!)

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's brutal! Glad I have my tickets still from the original sale.

Fingers crossed it's actually able to happen!

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think it's very doubtful this happens in 2021.

manoverboard365 and Brent like this.
  14. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I checked the other week and TONS of pit and 1st tier tickets became available for the LA date. One pit ticket costs more than all 4 of my nosebleed seats combined

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Sadly, I agree. The vaccine rollout has not been moving at the pace they were hoping for. I hope I'm wrong but I dont see large scale concerts returning until around October.

16. m32137

Regular

I think mid-July is far away enough to see significant progress. The J&J & AstraZeneca vaccines should have approval by the end of February so that's even more opportunity to get people jabbed. And some states are already seeing declines in numbers.

heymattrick and alkalinexandy like this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's pretty much a coin toss, TBH. If places can get their shit together as far as vaccine administration, I think we'll see a significant downtick as the months go on. Things got off to a rocky start, but if those laying out the plans are able to learn from those mistakes... We can make up ground.

If things start to trend positively by May or so, I think there's a chance we can see bigger events happening in late summer.

But there's so many factors at play it's hard to say one way or another what's going to happen.

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Without a doubt the vaccine rollout would be sketchy with the Trump administration at the helm. I hope the Biden administration can deliver on the 100 million doses 100 days promise so we can get this ball rolling!

Tifoil and manoverboard365 like this.
  19. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think a significant part of the conversation that people aren't really focusing on is that the highest risk groups are getting vaccinated first, and that group seems to be less resistant to getting the vaccine than the rest of the general public. Once this high risk group is inoculated, deaths from COVID are going to plummet. The deadliness of COVID is what led to all the restrictions we have. By Spring, the deadliness of COVID will be a completely different situation, and that itself will lead to things starting to return to normal.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. btr

Trusted Supporter

This show is going to hit different when it comes back

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Problem with mid-July is by that point, the logistics need to be worked out for this tour. So if they want to postpone/cancel, they likely need to make a decision by April.

On another note, Green Day has pretty much lost all momentum (if they had any) with their 2020 release. If this tour happens, wonder if they even bother playing any songs from it.

22. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

A lot of fans are speculating that’s the reason why Weezer delayed the release of Van Weezer. Just to try to keep hype for the tour going in case the album is actually a flop

As for the sudden release of OK Human? Well... (shrug emoji)

23. heymattrick

Sending my love

I thought Green Day was ready to rush out another album after Father Of All... so I wonder if they'll have something new ahead of the tour

tyler2tall likes this.
  24. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Pretty sure that turned into The Network's new album.

25. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I would have expected this too, especially with how forgettable Father Of All was.