Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 26

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Sigh of relief

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

No I’m just going off of how shitty Ticketmaster has been. Where is the new option for a refund? Haven’t seen that.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Think I’m gonna keep my ticket. Don’t want to go through the hassle of trying to get GA again. Hilarious that I’ll have bought this almost 2 years in advance though.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah Ticketmaster has been hit or miss with their refund options. My The 1975 concert was straight up cancelled, so they had to refund. But Rage Against The Machine was rescheduled for next year and Ticketmaster won't offer refund options because the show is technically still on.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

If you go under My Tickets on Ticketmaster and click on an event that has been postponed, a big green “Request Refund” button will be there if refunds are being offered. A lot of mine didn’t have that up until yesterday. I disagree that TM has been shitty - I’ve had no problems with any of my canceled/postponed events (and I’m up to over 10 so far just through TM

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Because it’s 100% up to the promoter of the show if refunds are offered for postponements and not at all having to do with TM

7. Tifoil

ñ

Not surprised but still sad

8. m32137

Regular

Do those events have new dates or are they still just labelled as "postponed"? The way I understood it was they would offer the refund option once a new date is announced.

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

Still labeled as postponed with TBA dates. They’ve just been sitting in there as TBA for weeks but the request refund option just appeared this week.

10. m32137

Regular

Good to know. I'm still waiting for the refund option to appear for NFG/Simple Plan but figured I wouldn't get it until the reschedule is released.

11. Tifoil

ñ

Tickets for the Chicago date of the tour were sold on the Cubs website. I got this e-mail about refunds:

Dear valued Hella Mega Tour buyer,

The Hella Mega Tour show originally scheduled for August 13, 2020, has been postponed. We are working with Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer to identify a new show date at Wrigley Field and will contact you directly as soon as we have confirmation of a new date.

Since you purchased tickets from Cubs.com, your Hella Mega Tour ticket(s) will be valid for the new show date at Wrigley Field*, unless you request a refund within 30 days of the new date being announced. A refund request form will be included in the new show date announcement email. If 60 days have passed since the show was postponed and a new date has not yet been announced, you will receive an email with the opportunity to request a refund.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's not true, you can get a refund 30 days within the new date being announced

heymattrick likes this.
  13. Jackbo487

Regular

I have great floor seats for the Dodger Stadium show so it'd be hard to consider a refund, should the option show up ...

Brent likes this.
  14. Kelsey

Regular

Not surprised but was still sad when I saw the post. Glad I don’t have to go through the hassle of buying pit tickets again

15. Xpertguy5

Trusted

The ticket was expensive but a hassle to get pit for the dodger stadium show. Glad I can keep my ticket

tyler2tall likes this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thanks for this heads up. Mine didnt offer a refund option when it got rescheduled. I reached out to Ticketmaster too and they said that they werent offering refunds at the time. But I just checked now and I have the refund option. They must just be backed up.

Funny after all of that I'm now torn about whether or not I actually want to give up the tickets lol.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  17. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah I’m hanging on to my tickets. I have four cheap seats, but they were such a pain in the ass to get, so I gotta keep them

18. Tifoil

ñ

Now I hope I can get a pit ticket for Chicago, from someone who asked for a refund

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol my email from Ticketmaster says “the event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time”

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This seems to be the policy. No refunds until the new dates are announced.

“...unless you request a refund within 30 days of the new date being announced. A refund request form will be included in the new show date announcement email. If 60 days have passed since the show was postponed and a new date has not yet been announced, you will receive an email with the opportunity to request a refund.”

21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

You can request a refund for those RATM shows, I did a few days back.

22. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

This is false. Promoters using Ticketmaster are required to give a 30-day window for refunds once the rescheduled date is announced. If the show hasn't been rescheduled within 60 days of the announcement about the show's postponement, then the 30-day refund window starts on that 60-day mark. If customers don't request the refund during that 30-day window, then their tickets will automatically apply to rescheduled date and their only other option is to try to sell the ticket through TM's verified resell option. All TM shows are using this policy, regardless of what the promoter wants to do.

23. heymattrick

Sending my love

It’s not false. Ticketmaster’s refund policy states that it is the event organizer’s decision whether or not to allow refunds for a postponed event.
    Updated Information About Event Status, Refunds and Options | Ticketmaster Blog

24. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

I work for a promoter who predominately uses TM and is following their policies for all of our shows. The standard procedure is to offer a 30-day window for refunds if people can't attend the rescheduled date. That "option" wording in the terms & conditions must be to cover their asses in case there have to be any exceptions to that general rule.

25. heymattrick

Sending my love

I’m still not sure if I understand the point you’re trying to make, because the post I had originally responding to was about Ticketmaster’s refund policy being “hit or miss”