Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 25

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Xpertguy5

Trusted

US will definitely be postponed

2. tomtom94

Trusted

Here in the UK it's been suggested big public events are likely to be off the table until the end of the year at least.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They should cancel so people get their money back.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

If people want their money back can't they just refund the tickets...? I personally still want this to happen, whenever it can

heymattrick and tyler2tall like this.
  5. tomtom94

Trusted

I think Ticketmaster have a policy that says you can only get refunds on cancellations not postponements

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

That was blown out of proportion in the news. Their policy didn't really change - It's up to the promoter if they want to offer refunds on a postponement, which I believe has always been the case. But most WILL offer refunds regardless, the issue right now is most postponed shows don't have rescheduled dates yet and the refunds aren't usually offered until a new date is announced. One point of clarification (that I believe is new) is that refunds will only be offered for 30 days once the new date is announced. This way, scalpers who haven't resold their tickets can't just get a refund at the last minute because their tickets didn't sell.

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Also, you have to think about the people who actually want to keep their seats even if there’s not postponed date yet. If you had front row seats for these shows you might want to hold on to them and not be refunded.

8. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Weezer just delayed the release of Van Weezer. Still don’t have any hope for this tour

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Hasn't that album already had like a 5 month rollout?

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It wasn't even fully recorded when they announced it.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Seven months since it was announced and the first single dropped. This is the second song released

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

Damn, really?! I was looking forward to this. End of the Game is a jam, another song would be really nice

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is tight.

14. heymattrick

Sending my love

Ooh that song is pretty sweet

15. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Oh yeah. I kinda hate the 80’s metal gimmick they’re doing with this album, but the songs so far sound excellent. I’m bummed it’s delayed

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Based on the five phase plan our governor put out for Illinois, this tour will (very likely) not be able to happen in Chicago. Pitchfork already cancelled and it's just a matter of time before Lollapalooza is cancelled and probably Riot Fest. I wonder what the hold up on cancelling or postponing is? Maybe they are in the process of securing new dates?

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I mean ... everything this summer is canceled. None of this is really news. The actual announcement will be a technicality.

Behind the scenes, they're likely working on a reschedule but it's more difficult because the normal tenants (sports teams) will be dealing with their own up-in-the-air plans for the future.

ABRfan3295 and Mtlman1331 like this.
  18. btr

Trusted Supporter

It takes longer than two months to move an already announced/heavily sold baseball stadium tour

alkalinexandy likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah they're probably just waiting until they have full rescheduled dates before they officially announce it

alkalinexandy and ABRfan3295 like this.
  20. Dirk Lyle

I got a email on May 15th stating "Your event has been postponed" a couple lines down it says they're working to establish a new date.

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

22. btr

Trusted Supporter

Best case scenario!

23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m doubtful we will all get actual refund options.

24. heymattrick

Sending my love

“All ticket holders will be emailed with refund options”. Was there a grey area there I didn’t understand? I had a whole bunch of events on Ticketmaster as of today that now give me the option the request a refund that wasn’t there even a couple days ago.

25. heymattrick

Sending my love

Not that this was unexpected, but every new postponement/cancellation still feels like a knife in the gut.