Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 24

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I have a feeling this will be pushed again. I don’t see them opening until later this year

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

That date is just a placeholder. When the quarantine started in NYC on March 13th, all music venues said they'd reopen on April 10th. That obviously didn't happen. Some businesses are saying they're coming back May 1st, that's not gonna happen either.
    The reports of no live music/sporting events until Fall 2021 might be a bit exaggerated (I hope), but we're definitely not having any of that before Fall 2020.
    I just saw that Armor For Sleep's June tour has been rescheduled for February 2021. I bet in the coming weeks we'll see more Summer tours rescheduled for 2021 instead of later this year.

Nick Jagger and ItsAndrew like this.
  3. heymattrick

Sending my love

My gut tells me that Hella Mega would be outright canceled and not rescheduled. :sly:

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Basically if it already wasn’t selling super well it’s getting cancelled. If selling well postpone till 2021. Easiest solution.

tyler2tall likes this.
  5. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm not sure what the threshold is for a tour of this size, or what their expectations were, but it does seem there were a lot of dates that still had a lot of tickets available, along with tickets being priced higher than I think a lot expected.

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Disney World is not opening on June 1. Stadium shows are not happening this summer.

Brent, ABRfan3295 and manoverboard365 like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I could see it ultimately being cancelled. With many of the shows still having tons of tickets available combined with most people being unemployed for the past month and into the near future, I don't see them pushing this off to next summer and asking people to still pay $100 for nosebleeds.

8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I imagine the logistics of rescheduling this tour are a nightmare but, at this point, the only option is likely to hold it in 2021. As someone who lives in NYC, given the crisis that is still unfolding, I can’t see a large stadium gathering happening in 3 months unless there is some sort of major medical breakthrough .

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

20 dates in the US (including Toronto). Not the worst thing to reschedule in regard to quantity of dates.

10. simonthebutler

Regular

heymattrick likes this.
  11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Ugh

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, this ain't happening, folks.

13. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I don’t know why anyone would be shocked at this information or still have a hope that it is happening. It’s definitely not. Nor any other summer shows at this point.

pauljgreco likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you all think they will postpone the shows or cancel them?

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The right thing to do would be to cancel them. But who knows.

16. sam_might_say

I mean, I’d prefer it if this were postponed since I still want this tour to happen eventually. And I originally expected it to be postponed. But at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were cancelled altogether

tyler2tall likes this.
  17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It can still be canceled to allow ticketholders to receive refunds. Then they can reschedule it. Holding onto people's money for conceivably two years is INSANE.

ncarrab and ItsAndrew like this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Have any dates even sold out yet?

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

A few have. I believe Chicago and Boston both did.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think the reason they aren't cancelling this yet is because the Australian/NZ dates are in November. I bet they're hoping to see that they're cleared to do that leg of the tour. And if they go forward with that leg, they'll probably want to map out a contingency plan to do the Europe/North America legs in 2021, even if they're limited dates.

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

I do not see this getting postponed, I think it will get outright canceled. They'd have to wait until next summer, unless they rebooked for arenas or something, and not only would it be insane to hold onto people's money for that long, but the availability of the three bands would be challenging too.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t see them rebooking for arenas because then some people who bought tickets wouldn’t be able to go (assuming hypothetically everyone who bought a ticket still can go).

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully it’s postponed/rescheduled and you can recieve a refund if you wish. Best case scenario and everyone gets what they want.

fowruok likes this.
  24. heymattrick

Sending my love

So the European leg is postponed... no US news

25. sam_might_say

Well, if the European leg is postponed, I guess maybe there is some hope US will do the same? Or what the heck do I know (shrug)

Xpertguy5 and ABRfan3295 like this.