Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 23

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

sir this is a Wendy's

falafelmywaffle and Cgarnsay like this.
  4. btr

Trusted Supporter

We’re going to be so late for the movie!

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I honestly keep forgetting about this tour. Bought tickets almost 5 months ago and still have 5 months more to go until the show. I was so excited for it when it was announced but I think the new Green Day album killed a lot of that. I'm surprised there hasn't been anything on the Weezer front outside of End of the Game.

I'm really hoping I can get barricade for this in Denver so I can see FOB up close. There's sooooo many tickets for Denver still available.

6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Rumor is that Weezer is dropping another single from the album sometime in March. It’s called “Kiss Me In Seattle” or something like that

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Green Day is going to play 2-3 songs off the new album in a 1.5 hour set, I think you can still safely be excited.

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

481800D0-BE48-41FC-8F48-B7FA11DDE7B2.jpeg

9. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Assuming all US dates will be rescheduled for next year as well

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

Possibly the USA leg doesn’t start till July

11. heymattrick

I think the tour could still move forward, I could also see a postponement/cancellation being more likely due to softer ticket sales across several of the dates.
    Really want to see Fall Out Boy this summer though. I will be barricade in Denver, I don’t care how long I have to wait in line.

12. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

If anything it’ll be postponed to next summer. I couldn’t see a tour being this good of a seller, with this good of a lineup being completely cancelled altogether

Xpertguy5 and ABRfan3295 like this.
  13. simonthebutler

Regular

If this is postponed until next year, it will be 2 years between tickets going on sale and the dates happening. I know it is out of their control but that is wild.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Prtizker just said all large summer events should be cancelled, so this probably won't happen in Chicago.

15. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I doubt this is happening at all this summer, maybe next year

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully Green Day has a new record by then

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They still have 7 songs that they cut from this album that they said they were planning on dropping before the tour, I think there's at least an EP coming

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I'd love if the Toronto date got moved to like, October. That's my favorite time of year

Plus he said he has what, 6 new ones he wants to record with Butch? I could easily see another album coming out before these shows

19. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

20. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

21. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Pandemics don't care about money.

Brent likes this.
  22. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Who will show up

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

You'd have to convince an event promoter, venues across the country, artists, and most importantly, ticket buyers to get on board. It won't happen. If there's no vaccine, no sign of the virus being eliminated, and warnings from the CDC to not hold large gatherings, live shows won't happen. If one person dies as a result of being exposed at a show, that promoter & venue will open themselves to wrongful death lawsuits for hosting shows against CDC guidelines.

24. Mtlman1331

Trusted

correct, especially these big stadium events. They just can’t happen, it’s not possible. It’s what MLB and the NFL are facing right now. Logically both of these seasons will either not take place or take place without fans.

summertimejesus likes this.
  25. heymattrick

As of today, Disney and Universal Studios are currently planning to re-open June 1st (unless mandates say otherwise, but some of the news in the last day indicates leaders in western states like California are beginning to discuss easing restrictions). While I don't think people will be flocking to theme parks right away, if theme parks are in fact allowed to reopen this summer, why sporting events & concerts wouldn't move forward.

theasteriskera likes this.