Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 20

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Weezer posted about it too. Strange

2. Maddy

Regular

There is a 0% chance this tour is selling out any dates. The fact is, unfortunately, many venues/bands/corportations have stakes in the second hand market and can make more money off tickets sold there. So, they may be encouraging fans to buy second hand tickets.

At the same time, it's a marketing trick to say other dates are sold out so people will start buying tickets for other cities before they "sell out".

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is exactly what I thought.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wrigley's not "sold out" but it does look like pretty much all that's left is solo seats, or seats with obstructed views and things like that, which is why they're calling it sold out.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  5. J12

Trusted Supporter

Fenway definitely isn't sold out. There aren't really any great seats left or anything, but it's not sold out. Weird.

Brent likes this.
  6. Cmoney86

Trusted

they played dookie in full last night so i could see them doing that on this tour

riotspray likes this.
  7. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

No way. This is a “causal” fan tour. It’s gonna be a regular greatest hits set

ItsAndrew likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Add MCR to the tour

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

manoverboard365 likes this.
  10. sam_might_say

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Anybody with tickets to the Boston date get theirs in the mail yet?

12. musicfan10

Trusted

seems way overpriced

Brent likes this.
  13. sam_might_say

Ticket prices shot up after the presales. The tickets I got for $30 shot up to, like, $85 or something like that

14. m32137

Regular

I keep seeing Facebook ads for Buy-3-Get-1 Free tickets for the Jacksonville date.

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

alkalinexandy likes this.
  16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Guess I'm going to the Glasgow show now!

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

18. chris_williams67

Regular

The new Green Day album isn’t that great. Hope this tour isn’t to heavy off that if I get a ticket for it

tyler2tall likes this.
  19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

The entire album is under 30 minutes, they play for over 2 hours I don't think you need to worry ;-p

Also the album is great and I think they should play all of it!

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The new album has some pretty good moments. I think if they stick to the title track and like, one other song... We'll be good.

God, I hope that one other song isn't "Fire, Ready, Aim" or "Oh Yeah!" though. Anything else and I'm in.

chris_williams67 likes this.
  21. chris_williams67

Regular

I’ll give it another listen over when I’m not half asleep haha, maybe I missed some stuff

alkalinexandy likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Do you think they're still gonna play over 2 hours at this show? I really hope so but I kind of doubt it with two other big bands co-headlining

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Kinda depends on how quick the turn-around time is between sets, I'd imagine. And whether or not Weezer and Fall Out Boy each do a full hour.

24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I believe on a podcast with Bob Lefsetz, Pete from FOB said they were playing a 75 min set.

alkalinexandy and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  25. sam_might_say

I think doors for most dates are 5:00 or so. That’s enough time for Weezer and FOB to get a little over an hour