Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 19

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

There's still TONS of tickets left for the Pittsburgh date.

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

And the show is like a year away. There's are many reasons why you announce these so early, and that's the biggest one.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Wouldn’t it be more wise to not announce it this early so you force people to make a decision quicker and thus likely sell more tickets? I imagine a lot of people now are holding off because they have no idea what their plans will be in a year and if they will be around or not to attend the show.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Very few acts can sell 40,000 – 50,000 tickets in one city in a few months. You need a long lead time or you're going to have to slash prices just to get respectable crowds.

Two of the three bands will have new albums before the tour, building momentum.

red8ge likes this.
  5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Na, they definitely need time just like @cricketandclover said above. Also, the amount of people who are going to get/give these as a Christmas present is probably pretty high too.

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Holy cow, just looked at the Denver show and tons of tickets available. Face value pit is gone, and the back half of the stadium (the cheaper seats) are mostly gone, but sections on the floor, and the lower bowl on the sides, have tons of full rows still available. And SO many Platinum/VIP tickets available.

They'll definitely need time to move these tickets, and probably will need to do some discounting. I got my pit ticket for that show easy.

7. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

What are these teaser videos that Live Nation keeps posting for the NYC show with specific locations? They giving away tickets at those spots?

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yeah, I think that's all it is.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Where are they posting these

10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

In the FB event page. I assume it's a way to ensure the shitty seats have bodies in them.

11. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Just checked up on tickets for the LA date. $30 tickets shot up yo $80. Some tickets close to the stage are up to the $1000 range. Oof

Brent likes this.
  12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

With all the Groupons for all the shows (Except Boston), is there even a chance that Fenway ends up having them?

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Always a chance!

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm not really a sports guy. But are there ever Groupon deals for Red Sox games? It may be the ticketing system they use.

15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Good question on Groupon on Redsox games. I dont know. When I Saw all the groupons for the shows elsewhere, I figured fenway too... But no. Perhaps ticketing, perhaps small location, dont know.

Disappointed. :(

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I just searched and came up with zero results for Red Sox games on Groupon. Must be something with the ticketing. But who knows what might happen. The concert is still, what? 10 months away?

17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I hear you.... Its just that all the other cities had their groupons listed already, so Im on the assumption, for now, that Fenway won't.

18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

More GA Pit Tickets added in some cities, although be warned, they're $325 in Minneapolis (they were $170 when I got mine)

19. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yikes. That’s about the cost of a three day festival

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Darth Annihilus

Regular

All the 3 day festivals I've been to have been cheaper than the initial ticket price for ga. That's what made this a hard sell for me.

21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Still hoping for Groupon for Boston.

Brent likes this.
  22. J12

Trusted Supporter

I can't recall ever seeing a Fenway concert get put on Groupon, though I don't know that their ticketing platform strictly prohibits it. They use tickets.com, so it's not like it's some proprietary marketplace.

I've been trying to find out how exactly Fenway concerts are handled, but haven't had much luck. I assumed it worked similarly to the way Gillette Stadium does, which outsources its booking to a couple of different promotion agencies, but I've been told that isn't the case and that the Red Sox organization is, at least in part, responsible. With that being said, they have absolutely no control or power over tickets, and don't even get to recoup a small batch for themselves. I have a good enough relationship with this person to trust that they're telling me the truth. When I came up short getting anything I was willing to pay big bucks for, I reached out and asked if they had anything internally that I could buy. They offered me some seats in the owner's boxes, which are the only thing set aside for the Red Sox. They were at the ~$125 face price and wouldn't exactly be a good view for a concert.

Brent likes this.
  23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Thanks.... it's too bad. There were plenty of groupons for Xfinity center.

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Boston and Chicago are sold out according to Green Day on Facebook but that’s a lie there’s still tixs left for Chicago

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Any news of 2nd dates in places?