Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Setlist predictions (not in order of how they're played)

Weezer: Buddy Holly, Say It Ain't So, Undone, My Name Is Jonas, Surf Wax America, The Good Life, El Scorcho, Hash Pipe, Island In The Sun, Beverly Hills, Perfect Situation, Pork & Beans, If You're Wondering, Feels Like Summer, Africa, The End Of Game, No Scrubs

FOB: Grand Theft Autumn, Saturday, Sugar We're Goin Down, Dance Dance, A Little Less 16 Candles, Arms Race, Thnks Fr The Mmrs, Thriller, I Don't Care, My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark, The Phoenix, Irresistable, Uma Thurman, Centuries, Champion, Last Of The Real Ones, Future SElf

GD: Longview, Basketcase, Welcome To Paradise, When I Come Around, She, Brain Stew/Jaded, Hitchin A Ride, Good Riddance, King For A Day/Shout, Minority, American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Know Your Enemy, 21 Guns, Oh Love, Bang Bang, Still Breathing, 3-4 new songs

2. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

rofl.

3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Nice. Sounds about right.

4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

What are we thinking as far as set times? All three headliners get a 60-80 Minute set? Or Weezer plays shorter than FOB, who play shorter than Green Day?

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Gates at 5:30 for most dates set times are up in the air

6. sixfeetlive

I WISH fob would play 16 Candles again. It’s probably what you said minus 16 Candles and Thriller and add in ABAP and Immortals, just cause it’s fob.

7. Phil507

I have no idea why they insist on ABAP being played so much. One of the weakest songs on what is probably their most uneven album. Immortals still bangs though.

8. Phil507

Be awesome if they invested in one of those rotating stages to cut down on the breaks but probably not going to happen.

fowruok likes this.
  9. J12

Trusted Supporter

The Fenway prices are insane. I'm willing to pay ~$270 for premium seats in the A turf sections, but those are being kept almost exclusively for VIP packages. Even the Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale, which always nets me within the first ten rows from the stage, had junk.

Not really sure what I'm going to do yet.

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I get paid on Friday - try to get the cheapest seats possible, and then see... hope for the best..

As long as Im not behind a pole. :/

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

If the gates are at 5:30...

My guess:

Gates: 5:30
    The Interrupters: 6-6:25
    Weezer: 6:45-7:45
    Fallout Boy: 8:15-9:15
    Green Day: 9:45 - 11:30

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

My guess is that Weezer and FOB both get an hour or hour + 10 minutes, and Green Day gets their usual full-length set (2-2 1/2 hours)

ABRfan3295 and alkalinexandy like this.
  13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

oh my.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm guessing that the Interrupters get a full 30, both Weezer and Fall Out Boy get ~60 minutes and Green Day does a full regular set Something like:

Gates - 5:00 (this is what's listed for the Boston date)
    The Interrupters - 5:30-6
    Weezer - 6:15-7:15
    Fall Out Boy - 7:30-8:30
    Green Day - 9-11:30

I don't see a full 30 minute set change happening between each band.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  15. Darth Annihilus

Regular

The only reason I don't see this happening is because they usually have 90 minutes from doors to first band to fill in the stadium on all the previous stadium shows I've been to.

16. Jackbo487

Regular

I imagine FOB fans making up a significant amount of the crowd -- as in, those who are there primarily to see them, even with the overall pull of the whole tour -- and for that reason I just find it hard to imagine they'll only get an hour. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It is a weird case cause FOB plays between 75-90 minutes, Weezer usually plays 75 mins on average, and Green Day plays well over 2 hours.

Typically though, with coheadliners all acts play for the same amount of time, even if it means playing a shorter set than usual, so I think them all playing 70-80 mins isn't out of the question.

18. sixfeetlive

I actually like Immortals (and Uma Thurman since a lot of fans complain about that one too) but I agree with ABAP, that’s my second lease favourite aside from Centuries

19. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

This is the case for at least Philly on this tour, too. Gates at 4:00. Music at 5:30.

My estimate...
    Gates - 4:00
    Interrupters - 5:30-5:55
    Weezer - 6:15-7:25
    Fall Out Boy - 7:45-8:55
    Green Day - 9:25-11:30

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

These good seat prices are a no go for me. Going to imagine there will be discounts closer to the shows and ticket trees the night of the show.

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

[​IMG]
    I bought my parents seats in the 127 section, and bought myself a pit ticket. I figured we could just rotate out as necessary.

Anyways, I got them aisle seats (closer to 126) in the 3rd row of the section 127, I was wondering if anyone who has been to a Baseball Stadium show would know if that's too sharp of an angle to get a good vantage point of the stage. I'm sure they won't mind, the tickets were only $75, I was just wondering how well they'd be able to see.

22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Got my tickets for Philly. A 59 dollar ticket became 87. Fuck Ticketmaster.

23. Phil507

You can also throw your ire at the bands and Live Nation as both get a cut of the fee.

fowruok and pauljgreco like this.
  24. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Tomorrow is when they go on sale to the public, IIRC, right? 10 AM or 11 AM for Fenway?

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lmaooooo this is on Groupon. Fuck everything